Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] How to Limit the rows in Master file?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] How to Limit the rows in Master file?
 Login/Join

<Viswa>
posted
Hai

I have CAR ,master file.
I have a fex file like : ONE.FEX
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT *
ON TABLE SET ONLINE-FMT HTML
END

If i execuet one.fex file, it will return all the rows.
My requirement is, If i execute the fex file, i need to see the rows, for which country = FRANCE.

I don't want to limit in the fex file.
I want to put that limit in the master file.
Please let me know, how can i acheive the same.
Thanks
Viswakanth

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The implementation of Data Source Security in your master file could help...,
FILENAME=CAR,SUFFIX=FOC
END
DBA=MIKEL,$
USER=VISWA1, ACCESS=R, RESTRICT=VALUE, NAME=ORIGIN,
VALUE=COUNTRY EQ 'FRANCE', $
USER=VISWA2, ACCESS=R, RESTRICT=VALUE, NAME=ORIGIN,
VALUE=COUNTRY EQ 'ENGLAND', $
USER=VISWA3, ACCESS=R, RESTRICT=VALUE, NAME=ORIGIN,
VALUE=COUNTRY NE 'FRANCE', $

Anyway, using this method, you need add SET PASS=VISWA1 in your fex or profile (not in the report). Otherwise, you will get a security error.

SET PASS=VISWA1
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT *
END
Regards,
Mikel

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Posts: 173 | Location: Madrid, Spain | Registered: May 09, 2003Report This Post
<Viswa>
posted
Hai Mikel
How to add it in the profile?
Please let me know
Viswa

Report This Post
<Viswa>
posted
Hai

Let's say i have my report in MRE.
And i have a group called grep1. And all the users who are under that group (grp1), when they try to Query that CAR master file, they should be able to see only COUNTRY=FRANCE data.

How can we do this?
This is very urgent.Can someone throw some light on this.

Thanks
Viswakanth

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Using DBA security (see previous example) and creating a domain profile with generic SET PASS may be a good solution.

Regards,
Mikel

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Posts: 173 | Location: Madrid, Spain | Registered: May 09, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
The 'MFD PROFILE' should do the trick. It's new to WebFOCUS 8x, maybe sooner.

I know this is an old thread. But, it came up in a search for something else that was significant. So, I added my Two Cents here for searching.

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I will also add to this ancient thread - if you use the DBA security as shown in the answers here, you might consider SET PERMPASS in the profile instead of just SET PASS. That way a user cannot override it.
Also you will probably want to disable SQL PASSTHRU since that will bypass your DBA security rules.

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux

Posts: 258 | Location: Palm Coast, FL | Registered: February 05, 2010Report This Post