Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] How is WebFOCUS different to OBIEE?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] How is WebFOCUS different to OBIEE?
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hello everyone,

My first question here. I am new to this technology / product suite. I am still trying to know what it is.

I have an interest in knowing it because we may shift to WebFOCUS from OBIEE.

I tried to search a lot online, but could not get any definite answer.

I prefer to ask a question at a time in order to remain focussed.

Is there any concept of RPD (metadata file which maps business terms to actual physical sources and while doing so, defines business rules like aggregation, hierarchies, formulae, etc.)?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Manoj.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Posts: 46 | Location: UK | Registered: August 30, 2018Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
WebFOCUS uses metadata generated against Tables, Views, Stored Procs, SQL Statements or when you upload data. The basic information about these assets are generated automatically. You can also enhance the metadata by adding your own virtual fields, titles, descriptions, joins, et cetera. You can find all the details in the manual here:

https://webfocusinfocenter.inf...ource/metadata24.htm

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Manoj

Welcome to Focal Point, it is a great forum for getting answers to your WebFOCUS development questions.

As always Babak has provided you with perfect guidance on this question.

I really agree with your approach of not asking a bunch of questions in a single thread it makes it much easier for all of us to focus on a single topic.

PS. Being new to WebFOCUS I would strongly recommend you invest in some education to help get you up to speed quicker.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Babak for the link. I shall explore WebFOCUS App Studio which seems similar to OBI EE's Administrator tool (at least conceptually).

Also thanks to Chuck for welcoming me to Focal Point and recommending me investing in education. I shall explore that area as well.

Kind regards,

Manoj.

Posts: 46 | Location: UK | Registered: August 30, 2018Report This Post