Focal Point
[SOLVED] How to stop calls to px-api.ibi.com

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2877095496

October 13, 2020, 09:03 AM
WFConsultant
[SOLVED] How to stop calls to px-api.ibi.com
When I run a portal having a simple car report, I see that there are several calls to px-api.ibi.com. These calls are trying to access the file, ibiinfo.js. Is there a way to stop all the calls going out? Are there any configuration settings available for us? Thank you in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8207.11
App Studio 8207
October 13, 2020, 10:41 AM
WFConsultant
Here is the suggestion form NYCBabak. Implementing this has removed calls to px-api.ibi.com.

----------------------------------

I think WebFOCUS 8207 has a setting called Usage Analytics (IBI_ANALYTICS_ENABLE).
When selected, this check box activates a feature that records WebFOCUS events and URLs using Gainsight. Information Builders uses statistics derived from these events and URLs to analyze usage of product features.

When cleared, the feature that records WebFOCUS events and URLs using Gainsight is not activated. If you go to Admin Console/ Other do you see the Usage Analytics checked? I’m not positive this is the reason you’re detecting this call but it’s worth checking.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WFConsultant,

WebFOCUS 8207.11
App Studio 8207
October 13, 2020, 01:01 PM
David Briars
quote:
...I see that there are several calls to px-api.ibi.com...

Yikes! I would want to shut down any calls to somewhere outside of my company too. :-)

I took a look at the Usage Analytics (IBI_ANALYTICS_ENABLE) setting in our 8206.08 release and saw that it was unchecked by default.

Hopefully, IBI sets this setting to off by default across any new releases.

Many thanks WFConsultant for your post.
October 13, 2020, 04:00 PM
Waz
The installs and update I've done ask the question if you want to send usage stats to IBI.

Perhaps someone blindly answered yes to the question, or is it defaulted to yes on auto install.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

October 19, 2020, 10:58 AM
FP Mod Chuck
This was answered on myibi. The Usage Analytics setting was turned off and those calls to px-api.ibi.com stopped

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats