Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Row Shading is different with PDF

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Row Shading is different with PDF
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
We are utilizing a stylesheet that shades every other row. We are using the wrap feature, as some of our columns have a lot of data. In HTML, it works like a charm--shades by cell. In other words, the full row of data, regardless of any wrapping is shaded in the same color. However, in PDF it literally shades by row of text, so if a cell spans to a new line, that new line is shaded a different color. Has anyone seen this behavior, and is there a workaround? We are using 7.6 on Windows XP.

Jeff Elam
WF 8 in Windows

Posts: 44 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: September 17, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yes it does do this, and I cannot get it to behave as I want!

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Yup. Nasty.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi jeff,

I'm running on 7.1.3 and I don't have a problem. Try running this and see if you get what you wanted:

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT 
     STANDARD
     WARRANTY
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF 
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     UNITS=IN,
     PAGESIZE='A4',
     SQUEEZE=ON,
     ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     GRID=OFF,
     FONT='ARIAL',
     SIZE=9,
     COLOR='BLACK',
     BACKCOLOR='NONE',
     STYLE=NORMAL,
$
TYPE=DATA,
     COLUMN=N1,
     BACKCOLOR='NONE',
$
TYPE=DATA,
     COLUMN=N2,
     BACKCOLOR='NONE',
$
TYPE=DATA,
     COLUMN=N3,
     BACKCOLOR=( RGB(255 255 153) RGB(204 255 204) ),
$
TYPE=DATA,
     COLUMN=N4,
     BACKCOLOR=( RGB(204 255 204) RGB(255 255 153) ),
$
TYPE=TITLE,
     STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     COLUMN=N3,
     WRAP=0.750000,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     COLUMN=N4,
     WRAP=0.750000,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
A solution, but the alternating colour style-sheet code may interfere with other styling you may require...
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
COMPUTE ALTERNATOR/A1 = IF LAST ALTERNATOR EQ '1' THEN '0' ELSE '1'; NOPRINT
COMPUTE TEST1/A110 = 'THIS IS TO TEST WRAPPING AND ALTERNATING LINE COLOUR / THIS IS TO TEST WRAPPING AND ALTERNATING LINE COLOUR';
CAR
COUNTRY
ON TABLE SET STYLESHEET *
TYPE=REPORT, FONT='ARIAL', SIZE=8, $
TYPE=DATA, BACKCOLOR=SILVER, WHEN= ALTERNATOR EQ '1', $
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=TEST1, WRAP=2, $
END

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Here's an example of what Jeff described, something else in the style-sheet breaks the alternating colour...

Francis

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, everyone, for your postings--especially Francis for posting an example of the behavior. Daniel & Francis. I can run both of yours, and they work fine (shade every other row, regardless of whether the data is wrapped or not. Here is our stylesheet--any suggestions on fixing it would be greatly appreciated.

UNITS=IN,
PAGESIZE='Letter',
LEFTMARGIN=0.250000,
RIGHTMARGIN=0.250000,
TOPMARGIN=0.250000,
BOTTOMMARGIN=0.250000,
SQUEEZE=ON,
ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
FONT='ARIAL',
SIZE=10,
COLOR='BLACK',
BACKCOLOR='NONE',
STYLE=NORMAL,
RIGHTGAP=0.125000,
$
TYPE=DATA,
SIZE=8,
BACKCOLOR=( RGB(234 234 255) 'WHITE' ),
$
TYPE=TITLE,
BORDER=LIGHT,
BORDER-STYLE=RIDGE,
BORDER-COLOR=RGB(51 51 153),
SIZE=9,
COLOR='WHITE',
BACKCOLOR=RGB(147 172 219),
STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=TABHEADING,
SIZE=9,
STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=TABFOOTING,
SIZE=9,
STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=GRANDTOTAL,
SIZE=9,
STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=HEADING,
BORDER=LIGHT,
BORDER-STYLE=RIDGE,
BORDER-COLOR=RGB(232 232 241),
SIZE=12,
COLOR='WHITE',
BACKCOLOR=RGB(232 232 241),
STYLE=BOLD,
JUSTIFY=CENTER,
$
TYPE=HEADING,
LINE=1,
SIZE=14,
$
TYPE=FOOTING,
BORDER=LIGHT,
BORDER-STYLE=RIDGE,
BORDER-COLOR=RGB(232 232 241),
COLOR='WHITE',
STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=SUBHEAD,
SIZE=9,
STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=SUBFOOT,
BORDER=LIGHT,
BORDER-STYLE=RIDGE,
BORDER-COLOR=RGB(51 51 153),
SIZE=9,
COLOR='WHITE',
STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=SUBTOTAL,
SIZE=8,
STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=ACROSSVALUE,
SIZE=8,
STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=ACROSSTITLE,
SIZE=8,
STYLE=BOLD,
$

Jeff Elam
WF 8 in Windows

Posts: 44 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: September 17, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Exactly Francis, and I just remembered why I avoid wrap with PDF when I tried your code, which does work pretty well. If you have TOPGAP and BOTTOMGAP set to anything reasonable, to space the lines, the PDF wrap has these values also on each wrapped line, looks horrible. Landscape, Squeeze and subfoot!

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

The usage of BORDER is causing your problem. Remove all usage of BORDER and use GRID instead. Then open a case with Tech Support.

I tested this with WF 7.1.3.

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT STANDARD WARRANTY
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN,
PAGESIZE='Letter',
LEFTMARGIN=0.250000,
RIGHTMARGIN=0.250000,
TOPMARGIN=0.250000,
BOTTOMMARGIN=0.250000,
SQUEEZE=ON,
ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
FONT='ARIAL',
SIZE=10,
COLOR='BLACK',
BACKCOLOR='NONE',
STYLE=NORMAL,
RIGHTGAP=0.125000,
$
TYPE=TITLE,
GRID=ON,
SIZE=9,
COLOR='WHITE',
STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=DATA,
SIZE=8,
BACKCOLOR=( RGB(234 234 255) 'WHITE' ),
$
TYPE=REPORT,
COLUMN=STANDARD,
WRAP=1.00,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I wonder if this latest solution really gives the changing color effect that we want. I will give that a try tomorrow.

On the other hand, in the old days we had preprinted paper that looks the same, but then if there was a wrapped line, the color changed too......

Frank

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Damn, you're right Mickey.

I have one border on a subfoot, and it throws the row shading out. That's bad.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
FYI,

You can apply GRID=ON for a HEADING, a FOOTING, a SUBHEAD, a SUBFOOT, TITLE, DATA, etc. individually so you should be able to get the look (or pretty close) of BORDERS. The only thing that you cannot control is the style or the color of the lines of the GRID.

I avoid the use of BORDER commands because the side affects are not good.

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, all. Removing the BORDER statements resolved the problem. I appreciate everyone's assistance.

Jeff Elam
WF 8 in Windows