Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] WF8 Save procedure sometimes saves 0 bytes

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] WF8 Save procedure sometimes saves 0 bytes
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I am occasionally seeing an issue in Dev Studio 8008 when I save a fex or html file, almost like there is some sort of connection issue. I have lost code from several procedures and html files and now I daily copy the files to my local hard drive. Has anyone else seen this issues and if so how are you handeling it?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TexasStingray,

Scott

Guru
posted Hide Post
I see a lot of it when it comes to "Content" development. What I see it it loses authentication or maybe the session gets invalidated between DS and the HTML.

My userid becomes "public" after some sort of timeout that I haven't quite identified when it happens.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Expert
posted Hide Post
Both Dev Studio v8.0.08 and App Studio v8.0.08 appear to be quite buggy - a mini disaster I'd dare to say. We're promised that v8.0.09 is all sunshine and blue skies.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I was happily driving a '77 Fiat 500 but they forced me to switch to a '80 Trabant 601. Newer, but less reliable - good for parts, that's all.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Well it a relief to know that is just not me. But it sure is a pain when you loose weeks fo code. I don't like how it appears to save the code as if it deleted the old file and creates a new one.

Scott

Expert
posted Hide Post
There's something tremendously wrong with the communication with the Content database. My safest method of working is to open the fex in my external editor, EditPlus. It, at least, has a backup mechanism - every time I save, a backup is created (saved forever). I can use one of the backup files if the code got zeroed out.

Francis

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I thought this only happened to me Sweating

Luckily our company has a file backup system. It happens to me at least once a month, couldn't find a pattern as to how or why it happens.

WebFOCUS App Studio 8103
Windows7
All outputs

Posts: 58 | Location: London, UK | Registered: May 09, 2011Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Good to see that I am not the only one having this issue. I has not happen in a while. Maybe is because I stopped using developer studio on the wireless and am always working wired. and like suggested I am using ultra edit as it creates a backup. Maybe that is sommthing they should build into the product is that it backs it up on the pc as Dev Studio is already a fat client whats a little more diskspace for a text file. Anyways I'm going to mark this thread as close so I quit getting pm about it.

Scott