Focal Point
[CLOSED] Excel Direct Sync on 8203

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2887073096

June 14, 2018, 11:19 AM
LarissaB
[CLOSED] Excel Direct Sync on 8203
Has anyone figured out how to create new metadata with the excel direct sync adaptor in 8203?
We use this option quite heavily in 8201M and we are upgrading to 8203, but testing of the excel direct sync has been unsuccessful for us. Mainly because I can't seem to find an option to even select that as an adaptor anymore.

Suggestions? Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Version: 8.2.03M, OS/Platform: Windows 7 & 10, Output: Excel, pdf, html
June 14, 2018, 11:32 AM
FP Mod Chuck
Larissa

Are you using the upload data option from the WF Client or where are you attempting to create the metadata from?

Check the reporting server adapters area and make sure you see Excel configured

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
June 14, 2018, 12:14 PM
LarissaB
Hi Chuck,
Yes I am using the upload data icon from the Client.
The reporting server adaptor is configured for Excel, but I don't have a direct sync option under it like I do in 8201M.
Adapters: Delimited Flat File/Excel (via direct retrieval)

I've also tried the Metadata icon from the Client and I can't find a solution there either. Each way just wants me to load the excel file as data, but the metadata doesn't update when the source excel file changes.

Version: 8.2.03M, OS/Platform: Windows 7 & 10, Output: Excel, pdf, html
June 14, 2018, 12:52 PM
FP Mod Chuck
Larissa

I see what you are saying now. When the load option says New/Replace it does not list Excel. If you choose append to existing it allows you to select an existing master file to use but I don't think that is what you want. Better open a case with techsupport and find out what changed.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats