Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Consuming WebService from Webfocus

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Consuming WebService from Webfocus
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I am trying to consume a webservice from webfocus. While creating synonym for WSDL getting error message "FOC44563: Error in parsing WSDL".

Although i am able to consume the same webservice from SoapUI.

Can anyone help to understand what is the reason for FOC44563
I just want to add that WSDL i am using is having import statements for xsd schema. So does Webfocus support the import?

Regards,
Dharma

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

dharma
------------------
WF v 7.1.1
OS - Win XP
Output: PDF, EXL2K

Posts: 41 | Location: Boston | Registered: August 17, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Not sure what the error is, but if the web service is publicly available, you can provide it for us and we'll give it a shot.

What release of WebFOCUS are you using?

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Are you able to get a result when you run the webservice URL in Internet Explorer?.

Majid.

WebFocus 7.6.5
AND WebLogic server as web server
sql2005 as database server

Posts: 273 | Location: Europe | Registered: May 31, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
We are using 7.1.4 version of Webfocus. This webservice is not available in public but can send WSDL and associated xsd files and if anyone of you can create synonym then it will be immense help.

We are able to get result on internet explorer if gives URL of WSDL

dharma
------------------
WF v 7.1.1
OS - Win XP

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I may be mistaken, but last I heard, the ability to consume a web service (and automatically generate a synonym from the WSLD) within WebFOCUS required an additional adapter license. You may want to check with your sales rep before going there.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
My organization is having license to use adapter for Webservices

dharma
------------------
WF v 7.1.1
OS - Win XP

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you already have the license, and the adapter is configured properly,then the synonym creation from the WSDL if pretty straightforward. It is all documented very well in the Data Administrators guide under "Using the Adapter for Webservices." The document includes extensive descriptions with examples of WSDL files, and descriptions of XSD data types and mappings.

It also includes direction for configuration of the adapter, in case that isn't quite set up correctly.

Having someone else create your metadata isn't going to solve your problem moving forward. If it doesn't work as documented (which has been know to happen occasionally), you probablly need to open a case directly with tech support.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
In 7.1.3, we added support for Importing of Schema.
I do remember that we did make a bug fix in 7.6.4 to fix a problem on how
the Import was defined in the WSDL. I might be able to give you a workaround
for your release if I saw the WSDL file.
Please open up a Hottrack case and upload the WSDL file you are having problems with.
We will get you going.

Posts: 229 | Location: New York | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm getting this error too. I have 7.6.4. I've created a WebService called RC_Login. Using the wsdl url of:
http:///rcaster/services/LogonService?wsdl

This happens without a problem... But when I go to create a synonym then I get error:

(FOC44563) Error in parsing WSDL :
http:///rcaster/services/LogonService?wsdl

Yes you can replace with a valid URL. If I paste that URL in my browser then I get the WS definition. I even tested from the reporting server using wget that it (the server) can talk and get this same file. No firewalls are in the way.

This is a 7.6.4 install. My initial goal besides getting a synonym setup, is to write a report that shows all the RC jobs running/queued up.

Thanks for your help.

Have used WF 5.x, 7.x w/RC, BID, MR
WAS 5.x/6.x
AIX 5.3.0

Posts: 29 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: October 10, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
OK even more wierd. Some services created synonyms but not all. But when I "sample data" for getjobsinqueue I get the following error.

(FOC44540) SOAP Request got error. Response Status : 500 ; Reason: Internal Server Error
(FOC44541) Faultcode : soapenv:Server.userException
(FOC44542) Faultstring: java.lang.NullPointerException
(FOC44544) Faultdetail: uintapp3

Have used WF 5.x, 7.x w/RC, BID, MR
WAS 5.x/6.x
AIX 5.3.0

Posts: 29 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: October 10, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Michael,

It's too bad your posting was never answered - I get the same error:

(FOC44540) SOAP Request got error. Response Status  : 500 ; Reason:  Internal
 Server Error
 (FOC44541) Faultcode  : SOAP-ENV:Server
 (FOC44542) Faultstring: Invalid lookup: RDBMS/Schemas/EDA/Procedures/DSCCALL

I'm trying to figure out if the error is with the adapter or the web service.

The people that run the web service have assured us they've restarted the web service. We've restarted the adapter.

I haven't found much on Tech Support regarding these errors. These two documents aren't any help.

Tech Support: (FOC44540) SOAP Request got error. Response Status: 500 mentions something about NLS Spanish setting .

Tech Support: (FOC44540) SOAP Request got error. Response Status : 505 mentions something about spaces in the connection attributes in edasprof.prf.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Francis,

Did you have any luck with this?

WF 8005 MRE BID RCaster DevStu PMF 5.3.1 Hotfix 5
XP Oracle.

Posts: 55 | Location: UK-London | Registered: January 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
try giving token number and other criteria for webservice in where clause like
TABLE FILE AVC
PRINT
XYZ