Focal Point
[CLOSED] Dev Studio - Order by File Name (Broken)

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/289101364

June 10, 2010, 10:41 AM
ABT
[CLOSED] Dev Studio - Order by File Name (Broken)
Anyone else notice that in DevStudio the 'order by file name' option is flat out broken?

When I saw it there in 7.6.11, I was soooo excited. The more I use it, the more I see it's not to be trusted. Please tell me there's something simple I'm doing wrong so I can enjoy it!

- ABT

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ABT,

------------------------------------
WF Environment:
Server/Client, ReportCaster, Dev Studio: 7.6.11
Resource Analyzer, Resource Governor, Library, Maintain, InfoAssist
Application/Web Server: Tomcat 5.5.25
Java: JDK 1.6.0_03
Authentication: LDAP, MRREALM Driver
Output: PDF, EXL2K, HTM

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro
June 10, 2010, 10:49 AM
GinnyJakes
Where in Dev Studio is this option? I have a case open on the Allocation Wizard where the application list is not in alphabetical order. Since we have over 500 directories, it is a bit of a pain. But that is all I've noticed so far. I may not be looking in the right place. Once you let me know, I'll check it out and confirm for you.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
June 10, 2010, 10:59 AM
ABT
In Dev Studio, when you open a 'Managed Reporting' server and scroll down to a folder level/domain in which you can edit a Fex. (i.e. go to a listing of a bunch of fexes in DevStudio).

In the list (right-pane of the window), the columns listed are: Name, Size, Type, Modified, and File Name. This looks just like a standard file list in Windows Explorer. Like Windows Explorer, you can click the heading to order by that column Ascending or Descending.

A quick check shows that all columns do the anticipated sorting order, except for 'File Name'. This column was not present in DS 7.6.6 but I noticed it after the 7.6.11 upgrade. Not sure which interim release it came out in.

- ABT

WF Environment:

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro
June 10, 2010, 01:18 PM
GinnyJakes
Though I don't use MRE as a general rule, I was able to get all of the columns, including File Name to sort. I tested it several times to be sure.

Ginny
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
June 10, 2010, 02:38 PM
Francis Mariani
Ginny, you're on 7.6.10 and ABT is having the problem in 7.6.11 - maybe it's broke?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
June 10, 2010, 03:01 PM
GinnyJakes
I actually tested on 7.6.11. I haven't changed my signature yet. Too busy trying to get ready to go production with it next week. Mea culpa.

Ginny
June 10, 2010, 03:34 PM
Francis Mariani
Good luck with the upgrade then Smiler

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
June 17, 2010, 01:45 PM
ABT
I'm closing as it appears there is not a solution. If I find something out, I'll attach to the thread.

WF Environment:

Databases: