Focal Point
[CLOSED] Creating a cleanup process on datamigrator process flow

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2897021196

February 20, 2019, 05:57 PM
zcbillions
[CLOSED] Creating a cleanup process on datamigrator process flow
Hey guys,

I need to implement a process that will clean up any temporary tables that I have included in my process flow once the entire flow has completed. So this item will need to be at the very end.

So far, my research has led me to think I need to create a procedure that I call at the end of the process that will truncate multiple "temporary" tables. (*Using temporary as a loose term as these tables are permanent holding tables that we reuse when we run the flows)

Can you give any reference on what the syntax should look like for something like this?

Example:
SQL DB2

Truncate table a
Truncate table b
Truncate table c;

END

Thank you in advance!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
February 21, 2019, 04:50 AM
Frans
you could add a validto datetime to a file and then execute a command to find all files that have a validto datetime less than now.

If everything is in one application, you could also mapp the application to a temp folder and simply remove the whole folder after all flows are finished.

Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.