Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Get Parameter values into URL in WebFOCUS Designer Javascript

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Get Parameter values into URL in WebFOCUS Designer Javascript
 Login/Join

posted
I have a simple report with two filters (&COUNTRY and &BODYTYPE) which create respective multiselect dropdowns in a designer page.

-DEFAULT &COUNTRY = _FOC_NULL;
-DEFAULT &BODYTYPE = _FOC_NULL;
TABLE FILE CAR
BY CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
BY CAR.COMP.CAR
BY CAR.CARREC.MODEL
BY CAR.BODY.BODYTYPE
WHERE CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY EQ &COUNTRY.(OR(FIND CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY,CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY IN car|FORMAT=A10)).Country:.;
WHERE CAR.BODY.BODYTYPE EQ &BODYTYPE.(OR(FIND CAR.BODY.BODYTYPE,CAR.BODY.BODYTYPE IN car|FORMAT=A12)).Body Type:.;
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLEMBEDIMG ON
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE = IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/_EDAHOME/ETC/warm.sty,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

I am trying to pass the parameter values to another procedure (cardetail.fex) that looks like

-DEFAULT &COUNTRY = _FOC_NULL;
-DEFAULT &BODYTYPE = _FOC_NULL;
-TYPE Countries selected are: &COUNTRY
-TYPE Body Types selected are: &BODYTYPE

Below is the javascript I added in the designer page to call cardetail.fex and pass parameters to it. However, I get inputVal as undefined. Could someone help me pass &COUNTRY and &BODYTYPE variables to the URL?

window.addEventListener("iba_pageloading", function (e){
var panel = document.querySelector(".carFile").ibaObject; // carFile is the class name I gave to the panel that has the report output
var ibsite = panel.addButton({
"glyphClasses": "fa fa-home", "class": "ibButton", "tooltip": "Click to display help."},
".pd-container-title-button-resize", true);
ibsite.addEventListener("click", function(){
var url = '/ibi_apps/WFServlet.ibfs?IBFS1_action=RUNFEX&IBFS_path=IBFS:/WFC/Repository/test/cardetail.fex' ;
url = url + '&COUNTRY=' ;
alert (url);
var inputVal = document.getElementsByClassName("countryVal").value; // countryVal is the class name I gave to the filter dropdown of &COUNTRY
alert(inputVal);
window.open(url);

});
var runReport = panel.addMenuItem({
"text": "Country Report", "glyphClasses": "fa fa-globe","class": "globemenu"},
".carFile>.ibx_menu_item", true);
runReport.addEventListener("click", function(){
window.open(
"https://www.google.com/");
});
});

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows 10

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try this instead to retrieve countryVal

var inputVal = IbComposer_getCurrentSelection('countryVal');

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I don't think Composer calls will work with Designer.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Waz:
I don't think Composer calls will work with Designer.

If it's the case then it's going to be an issue when migrating from AS to Designer...if ever it's possible...

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Martin,

var inputVal = IbComposer_getCurrentSelection('countryVal'); -- Did not work. It is throwin a Javascript Reference error: IbComposer_getCurrentSelection is not defined.

Martin and Waz any other ideas on how I can accomplish this?

Thanks!

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows 10

Expert
posted Hide Post
Designer is a completely new beast.

There is information beginning to show up related to js etc. But there doesn't seem to be much.

We were even thinking of using composer pages in an interim to drive the reports and charts in designer, but at the time there was no way to "inject" the parameters easily or nicely.

Not sure of the state is now.

I have seen a list of short videos on how-to's related to designer, but not sure where it is.

Will update if I find it.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
You can find videos on WebFOCUS Designer here: Designer videos and you can also find these on YouTube.

Director, Technical Content Support Services

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michele Brady:
You can find videos on WebFOCUS Designer here: Designer videos and you can also find these on YouTube.

Thank you Michele. I couldn't find any video related to my specific issue which is getting parameter values from designer page.

Is there someone in Product I could reach out to?

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows 10

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Radhika005

You will need to open a case with techsupport to get additional help.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like John Lewis had already worked on this. I also opened a case to see if IBI has a simpler solution to this with some IBI functions.

Below is the Javascript that I borrowed from John to make it work for this example. Also the values passed into the url will be the display values.

window.addEventListener("iba_pageloading", function (e){
var panel = document.querySelector(".carFile").ibaObject; // carFile is the class name I gave to the panel that has the report output
var ibsite = panel.addButton({
"glyphClasses": "fa fa-home", "class": "ibButton", "tooltip": "Click to display help."},
".pd-container-title-button-resize", true);
ibsite.addEventListener("click", function(){
exportExcelRpts();
});

var runReport = panel.addMenuItem({
"text": "Country Report", "glyphClasses": "fa fa-globe","class": "globemenu"},
".carFile>.ibx_menu_item", true);
runReport.addEventListener("click", function(){
window.open(
"https://www.google.com/");
});

});
function exportExcelRpts(){
var url = '/ibi_apps/run/IBFS/WFC/Repository/test/cardetail.fex' ;
url = url + '?COUNTRY=' + getDDValue('countryval','ms') ; //countryval is the class name I gave to the &COUNTRY filter dropdown
url = url + '&BODYTYPE=' + getDDValue('bodytypeval','ms') ; //bodytypeval is the class name I gave to the &BODYTYPE filter dropdown
window.open(url);
}
function getDDValue(dd,f){
var dd = document.getElementsByClassName(dd)[0].children[0];
var dd1 = dd.children[1];
var dd2 = dd1.children[0];

var retValue;
if(f=="s") return dd2.value;
else
{
if(f=="m") return repCWOr(dd2.value);
else