Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] DevStudio v7.6.8 - Still has a bug seen in v5.3.2!!!

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] DevStudio v7.6.8 - Still has a bug seen in v5.3.2!!!
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
Edit a fex in the text editor - make a change to the code.

Press Ctrl-S to save the file.

Press Ctrl-Z to undo the change.

Click on the Close icon (the X) to close the file in the text editor.

The last undone change does not get saved.

I saw this behaviour in v5.3.2 and I can't believe this hasn't been fixed yet.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Learn the GUI Wink

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I believe that after some period of time a bug becomes a feature.

------------------------------------------
DevStudio 8.2.03
WFS 8.2.03

Posts: 86 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: May 10, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Works that way in 7.1.x as well. For whatever reason, the Undo does not trigger DS to know that the code has changed so it does not prompt to save nor does it save the change. It is annoying, but is a "feature" that for whatever reason, I have gotten used to. Perhaps I got bit too many times so now I can unconsciously avoid it.

quote:
Learn the GUI

I have learned that the GUI is not very useful for my development needs.--

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
It's one of those annoying little glitches in the product, that might stay there forever. We just learn to live with them. And indeed, the gui is not in all cases the best tool to get things done. But I still find it very helpful in cases where I can't remember the exact syntax or code to use. Like with creating graphs and compound reports and such.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone,
Just reviewed this in 769 and issue does occur in some cases. I have not isolated the exact cause but there are times after a single or double undo action where the file does not get marked as modified and does not prompt to save upon exit.
I will open a case to have this issue addressed.
Please let me know if there is a case already opened w/ our support area.
Thank you.

Regards,
Dimitri

Posts: 66 | Location: New York | Registered: August 18, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
If I compile of list of these "features", it may get longer than the actual features of DevStudio.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Case 51682548. I will eat my hat if this hasn't been reported dozens of times the past few years. Those cases have probably been dismissed, people have apparently learned to live with this bug. People are also learning to live with a pile of other bugs.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
I agree with Francis (09:46 post) and I also believe that now that Dimitris is working on it / will open a case that it will be remedied...

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone.
The editor save issue is addressed in 7610 (due beginning next month). During review of this issue we also uncovered and addressed some other issues where state of the file was not properly set after undo's were exhausted and title bar still displayed file was modified even though it was not.

Regards,
Dimitri

Posts: 66 | Location: New York | Registered: August 18, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Someone at Tech Support suggested to me that the version of Dev Studio should match the version of the WebFOCUS server.

In any large organization, it is very difficult to get the tech support team to update software like WebFOCUS every few months, so we will be stuck with server v7.6.5. Can I safely use DevStudio v7.6.10 with server v7.6.5?

Francis