Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SHARING WF 8204] Issues

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SHARING WF 8204] Issues
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I'm going to add to this page of things that I find in 8204 as we do our upgrade.

• Claendar Control - getCurrentSelections not working so using document.getElementById(''). NOTE This is a big issue with the calendar control even with this issue the correct value is not passed back to the reporting server. I've opened a case with ibi to see if the fix in 8205 can be ported back to 8204.
  • onKeyUp event - IN 8008 was able to use keyup with parameters (event, this). This does not work in 8204. 8204 only passes the contror. Have to add my own event listener.

FYI: I'm making a WebFOCUSWorkAround.js file (sorry cannot share, don't ask) to store all my work arounds in and then I just call the workaround. This way I can eventually just update 1 location to go back to the recommend way.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TexasStingray,

Scott

Master
posted Hide Post
Good One

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

Posts: 608 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I feel ya Texas. Our site has so many workarounds and replacements for what doesn't work in the product that even the great library of Alexandria could not contain them all... lol

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Add onKeyUp issue.

Scott

Master
posted Hide Post
OMG, in my javascript file I have a function called isValidDate. Would you know it somewhere in the javascript file that IBI is using in 8204 there is now a javascript function with that same name and when the calendar control is changed the function is called and it is calling my function not the one provided by IBI.

Lesson Learned: When you create javascript functions prefix yours with something that would not really exist except in your javascript code.

Scott

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
(insert MJ gif where he's smiling eating popcorn in a movie theater)

Yeah, been there, done that. There's more "Easter eggs" where that came from... lolz

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
We've got 8.2.0.3 here in a testing environment that will be updated to 8.2.0.5 anytime soon.

I'll share what I've found in 8.2.0.3:

SE.02
The summary expression editor throws error : unable to find field. The field exists, but type is incorrect. Errormessage is wrong.

Info-assist
IA.01
Can not use a summary expression in a Vertical Axis parameter

IA.01
Can not use a summary expression based on other summary expressions.

IA.02
Datatype 'k' ( for number in thousands ) does not work for datagrid.

IA.03
When right clicking on the value show in a donut-chart you get 'More gauge options...'

IA.04
I'm adding a Summary ( compute ) but I can not choose format Alpha. I want to make something like:
IF REVENUE GT 0 THEN 'UP' ELSE 'DOWN';

App-studio
AS.01
Syntax highlighting for comment doesn't work if the line only contains -*

Posts: 668 | Location: Veghel, The Netherlands | Registered: February 16, 2010Report This Post