Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     CONFIGURE LDAP FOR SELF-SERVICE APPLICATIONS

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
CONFIGURE LDAP FOR SELF-SERVICE APPLICATIONS
 Login/Join

<NIVAS>
posted
Hi,
I am trying to find a way to configure self-service application to look at the LDAP directory .Please share your knowledge if anyone has information.
Thanks,

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Generally in self-service applications there is no security. If you want to use security then you need to look at using the WebFOCUS Exit.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Texas,

This is what I am trying to do but can't figure out what the root and lookup string or on the configuration wizard. Any ideas?

Thanks

Posts: 176 | Location: Desplaines | Registered: August 05, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
My self-serv app is quite secure. If you're a windows environment you can use single sign on. There are other options..including logon verification into a db, either an MSaccess db via scripting or straight focus.
Stingray, how would you have garnered enough information about all the selfserv sites out there to have drawn the conclusion that 'most' are not secure? Did you take a survey? Or did you read the results of one? Where was it published?

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
From the 52 Security manual

Root: Starting point of the search. For the whole domain, this can be
specified as:
� o=a.b.c, where a.b.c is the fully qualified domain. For example,
o=companyx.y.com.
or
� dc=a, dc=b, dc=c, where each pair is a component of the
domain. For example, dc=companyx, dc=y, dc=com.

Lookup String: Defines the entity for which you are searching. For example,

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I configured the security using LDAP wizard, reloaded WebFOCUS app on servlet exec. Inspite of this the authentication is not being done using LDAP. Is there any thing that I missed here?.

Thanks for the help.

Posts: 176 | Location: Desplaines | Registered: August 05, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by susannah:
[qb]
Stingray, how would you have garnered enough information about all the selfserv sites out there to have drawn the conclusion that 'most' are not secure? Did you take a survey? Or did you read the results of one? Where was it published? [/qb]
I think what he was trying to say is that by default there is no security until you put it in. You must use one of the methods everyone here has been talking about or anyone who can navigate to the launchpage can run your reports.

Posts: 77 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: May 06, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
What Version of WebFOCUS Are you usig? Are you Trying to use the new Managed Reporting Realm Driver?

Master
posted Hide Post
susannah

When I think of self-service I think of No Security I do not care who runs the reports. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

<Jim Thorstad - WF Product Mgt.>
posted
We do not currently provide any features to do LDAP authentication except for WebFOCUS Managed Reporting 52x and 53x.

Today, you can write a WebFOCUS exit/plug-in (see the security guide) to incorporate LDAP authentication into a self-service app. Also, many Web servers support LDAP authentication natively or via loadable modules; in this case, they typically set REMOTE_USER which WebFOCUS can access without resorting to code writing.

iWay has plans to introduce LDAP authentication in their 5.4 server (which we brand as WebFOCUS Reporting Server). That may meet your needs. You are encouraged by iWay development to open a Hottrack case with support and indicate as much detail as you can about which LDAP platform and release you intend to use and how you would like to be able to configure this feature. Instruct customer support to route the case to the EDASERV queue.

Report This Post