Focal Point
[CASE OPENED] Join to Uploaded File Makes Join From Table Disappear in IA Data Panel

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2937003496

September 02, 2020, 10:56 AM
MikeLong
[CASE OPENED] Join to Uploaded File Makes Join From Table Disappear in IA Data Panel
We recently upgraded to WebFOCUS rel 8.2.06.134 (Linux / Oracle ) and have observed some different, unexpected behavior. When InfoAssist users upload files (Excel or CSV) and then try to use those uploaded files as the "join-to" table, only the columns from that uploaded "join-to" table are showing in the Data Panel after exiting the join builder. The originally selected file, the "join-from" file, no longer shows; the columns/fields from that first table disappear. If you try going to the data tab again, the join tab no longer functions and the join cannot be edited.

Has anyone else noticed behavior like this? If yes, how was it resolved? I'm checking prior to opening up a case...

Thanks in advance,
Mike@UConn

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Currently WebFocus 8.2.06 Linux / Oracle

September 02, 2020, 01:51 PM
FP Mod Chuck
Mike

I have a Windows / SQL Server WF 8.2.06.15 gen 151 environment and tried to replicate your issue but it worked fine for me.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
September 02, 2020, 04:27 PM
MikeLong
Thanks Chuck, we've been able to replicate the issue with the car file and several types of uploads. We will open a case.

Much appreciated,
Mike

Currently WebFocus 8.2.06 Linux / Oracle