Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] HFREEZE in 8.2 Portals + Chrome?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] HFREEZE in 8.2 Portals + Chrome?
 Login/Join

posted
Hello!

Has anybody successfully integrated a report with an HFREEZE into an 8.2 Portal? I have a report that was running perfectly in 8.1, but shows up blank now.

For example, the following code previews correctly in App Studio, but shows a blank page in the portal:

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM 
     CAR.BODY.DEALER_COST
     CAR.BODY.SALES
BY  CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
BY  CAR.COMP.CAR
BY  CAR.CARREC.MODEL
BY  CAR.BODY.BODYTYPE
ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLEMBEDIMG ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     INCLUDE = warm,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     HFREEZE=TOP,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

Has anybody gotten HFREEZE working lately?

Thanks!
Jay

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jay Ervin,

WebFOCUS 8.1/8.2, Windows 10/Server 2012

Posts: 24 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: April 30, 2019Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Jay

I just put your code into a portal on version 8.2.06 gen 71 and it worked just fine. That is the only version of 8.2 I have running.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Run as expected in both 8201M gen240 and 8204M gen33 but with the below code ran from Domains Content not from EDA (RS) from which the first INCLUDE syntax is for

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM 
     CAR.BODY.DEALER_COST
     CAR.BODY.SALES
BY  CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
BY  CAR.COMP.CAR
BY  CAR.CARREC.MODEL
BY  CAR.BODY.BODYTYPE
ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET HTMLEMBEDIMG ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
-*     INCLUDE = warm,
     INCLUDE = IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/_EDAHOME/ETC/warm.sty,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     HFREEZE=TOP,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
EDIT: This was resolved by adding SCROLLHEIGHT=AUTO to the stylesheet.

So I think I'm dealing with two issues. One has to do with our Portal style, which I'll continue to research. The other, however, has to do with a MORE line and HFREEZE:

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
    DEALER_COST
    SALES
BY  COUNTRY
BY  CAR
BY  MODEL
BY  BODYTYPE
WHERE SEATS EQ 2;

ON TABLE HOLD AS HLDCOUPE FORMAT XFOCUS
END

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
    DEALER_COST
    SALES
BY  COUNTRY
BY  CAR
BY  MODEL
BY  BODYTYPE
WHERE SEATS NE 2;

ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD

ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     INCLUDE = warm,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     HFREEZE=TOP,
$
ENDSTYLE
MORE
	FILE HLDCOUPE
END

If the HFREEZE is commented out of this code, the table generates correctly. Uncommented, it does some weird formatting and doesn't actually freeze the top row.

Any thoughts on why MORE is affecting HFREEZE?

Thanks!
Jay

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jay Ervin,

Posts: 24 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: April 30, 2019Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the brief diversion! Back to the original issue...

I've narrowed it down a bit. The code runs in IE 11, but it won't run in an Chrome version 77. As far as I can tell, IBI only officially supports up to 64. Can anybody run this in another Chrome version and let me know if it runs correctly?

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
    DEALER_COST
    SALES
BY  COUNTRY
BY  CAR
BY  MODEL
BY  BODYTYPE
WHERE SEATS EQ 2;

ON TABLE HOLD AS HLDCOUPE FORMAT XFOCUS
END

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
    DEALER_COST
    SALES
BY  COUNTRY
BY  CAR
BY  MODEL
BY  BODYTYPE
WHERE SEATS NE 2;

ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON

ON TABLE SET STYLE *

INCLUDE = warm,$
		TYPE=REPORT, HFREEZE=TOP, SCROLLHEIGHT=AUTO, $
ENDSTYLE
END
MORE
	FILE HLDCOUPE
END

Thanks again!

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Not related to version. I have GC 77.0.3865.90 and it does react the same as with IE 11.737.17763.0 when using SCROLLHEIGHT=AUTO

Using the below freeze the header on a 2 inches height report no matter the browser
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM DEALER_COST
    SALES
BY  COUNTRY
BY  CAR
BY  MODEL
BY  BODYTYPE
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
	INCLUDE = warm,$
TYPE=REPORT,
 HFREEZE=TOP,
 SCROLLHEIGHT=2,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MartinY:
Not related to version. I have GC 77.0.3865.90 and it does react the same as with IE 11.737.17763.0 when using SCROLLHEIGHT=AUTO

Using the below freeze the header on a 2 inches height report no matter the browser
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM DEALER_COST
    SALES
BY  COUNTRY
BY  CAR
BY  MODEL
BY  BODYTYPE
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
	INCLUDE = warm,$
TYPE=REPORT,
 HFREEZE=TOP,
 SCROLLHEIGHT=2,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

Thank you for checking that. It turns out that this error is specific to my user name, and my coworkers are seeing my code just fine, so I have at least gotten HFREEZE working for everyone else!

Thanks for all the help!