Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]ntjprerr: CALLPGM execution error caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]ntjprerr: CALLPGM execution error caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi All

Seen this one?
ntjprerr: CALLPGM execution error caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java
heap space. CPJAVA: Error in processing EXECUTE command for Class
ibi.jsflex.IBIRunJSCOMFlex

I SOLVED this one myself but wanted to pass it on to the FOCAL POINT members in case you run into this error message well. Total time to resolve 2 days.

Indications are that in the process of generating Active Reports via Developer Studio, one can run into heap problems should there be a large amount of records involved in the extract. Sorting related?
My first attempt at ascertaining the cause of the problem was to come to Focal Point. I duely entered the error message and nothing was brought back.

I called New York and was told that the problem was a heap problem related to Apache Tomcat.
The plot now thickens because if you installed the version of Apache Tomcat that comes with WebFOCUS there is no front end to change the settings of the heap. At the end of the day, I had to deinstall WebFOCUS 7.7.0.1 (with hotfix 3)removing Tomcat and then installing a full blown version of Tomcat including the front end.
Moving on... I changed the heap settings to a low of 256MB and a high of 512 MB (I believe that the default is 64MB and I stand under correction).Then I recyled Tomcat.
Having done this, I reinstalled Developer Studio, and proceeded generate my report once again.
The same error message was generated.

We are now deep into day two Smiler

I now resorted to "variations on a theme of the error message" to try to pick up a Focal Point posting similar to my problem and low and behold I came upon the following article posted by Clinton Side-Kick which gave me a hint on how to resolve the problem.
In fact it lay within the WebFOCUS Reporting Server Java Services Settings.
BTW I have passed the good word onto New York. Hopefully the next time that someone encounters the problem, they will be able help out.

In summary, if you are using active reports, do youself a favour and bookmark this posting.
http://forums.informationbuild...71057331/m/860109663

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Stefaans,

WebFOCUS 7.7.01 Windows, TSO 7.0