Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] WebFOCUS Flex chaining

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] WebFOCUS Flex chaining
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Hai all

I am trying to chain 3 comboboxes in Flex using webfocus enable. can someone help me with this.

this is the code I have for 3 comboboxes. thanks a lot..

<ibi:ibiComboBox id="comboReg00" ibiParent="MAIN01" ibiColumn="PLANTREGION" ibiFilterAble="true" ibiFilterCond="EQ"/>
<ibi:ibiComboBox id="comboReg01" ibiParent="MAIN01" ibiColumn="STATE" ibiFilterAble="true" ibiUseFiltered="true" ibiFilterCond="EQ"/>
<ibi:ibiComboBox id="comboReg02" ibiParent="MAIN01" ibiColumn="CITY" ibiUseFiltered="true" ibiFilterCond="EQ"/> 

When these 3 get filtered, I am updating a datagrid.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

HTML,PDF,EXL2K, Active, All

Posts: 484 | Registered: February 03, 2009Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
There is no "chaining" in the WebFOCUS sense within flex. Flex uses "nested filters" - basically the same type of thing. What you can do is create child/parent relationships using the ibiFilterParent property (or ibiFilterSibling for appended conditions) of the combobox. The parent of the first filtering control would be datagrid that contains all of the values.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Thanks Darin. I researched something on this and I got it to work.
I have one question.

Without using WebFOCUS enable for flex, can we read data into a flex datagrid from a WF procedure having output as XML format, using httpservice?

thanks a lot..

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I suppose you probably could. I have seen a few other comments on the forum in this direction. You just have to handle manipulation of the data into the datagrid received yourself. I haven't done any of that myself, but i'm sure it's possible. WF Enable isn't required to get data from WF in XML format, so refular Flex can take it from there.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Sure Darin, I will have a look.
One more question, please guide me if you worked on this kind.

Like a regular WF UI with text fields and comboboxes which are used to run a report, we can create same in flex. But how can we send these parameters to WF fex and make it run? For a button in Flex, we may create a http service and give fex URL but how to send the parameter values from flex?

Thanks a lot..

Master
posted Hide Post
Darin,

I found xml stylesheet code etc to change the URL to use stylesheet so that it works with flex.

I have xml style sheet file which transforms the XML code generated by WF to format understood nby flex, got this from a psot over here. But the URL doesn;t show the change in the code as mentioned. I am not sure of the amper variable wform used to call xml stylesheet.
Can you please help on this? this is the post.

http://forums.informationbuild...71057331/m/633100813

thanks a lot

Master
posted Hide Post
One way to call WebFOCUS and pass parameters is to use a URLRequest with a navigateToURL. Here is an example.

var url:URLRequest = new URLRequest(
	"/ibi_apps/WFServlet?" + 
	"IBIF_ex=CARINST" +
	"&IBIAPP_app=ibisamp"
	); 

navigateToURL(url,"_blank");

Hope this helps.

Scott

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Stingray's suggestion is the easiest. Just put that in a function which is controlled by the button. Create additional variables and set their values to those entered in the controls. Then you can append those variable to the URL as specified.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991