Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
WebFOCUS errors?
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi
Is there a list of error numbers which we have for WebFOCUS errors? I want to distinguish between Database errors and the rest of the regular WebFOCUS errors which we get. Based on whether the error is a DB error, I need to display different messages.
Please help.

Regards
Syed

Posts: 189 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: July 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Syed,

Perhaps this will be of help. This will give you WebFocus error codes and the associated error message. The message appears to be ERROR if the code is not applicable:

-REPEAT :ERRLOOP FOR &I FROM 0 TO 5000;

-* Get the FOCUS error message
-SET &FOC_ERR_MSG = FEXERR(&I,'A72');

-TYPE &I : &FOC_ERR_MSG 

-:ERRLOOP 

Regards,
Sean

------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROD: WebFOCUS 7.6.2 on Unix AIX/Tomcat/Servlet Mode
TEST: WebFOCUS 7.6.2 on Unix AIX/Tomcat/Servlet Mode

Posts: 210 | Location: Ottawa | Registered: November 03, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Sean, that was fun wasn't it? Big Grin

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Francis,

Yeah, around and around the loop we go..... Smiler

Appears to be a lot of junk in there, so hopefully Syed will be able to parse out whatever he needs!

Sean

Expert
posted Hide Post
I think it will be difficult to separate database errors from WebFOCUS errors because, for many errors, more than one WebFOCUS error is generated and only the last one is stored in &FOCERRNUM.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Francis,

Yes, definitely a good point. And, even if you have a handle on a relevant error message, I don't think WF stores the source of the problem, such as the field that caused the error.

In Data Migrator (ETL), I can search for ORA for example in ettlog, as well as for FOC in etllog and etlstats, so I can track down FOCUS versus database errors that way, but not in WF.

Sean

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi,

At the end the error returned is webfocus error that can be due to an exception on db server.
And Francis said it will be difficult to make a difference.

Regards.

Majid.

WebFocus 7.6.5
AND WebLogic server as web server
sql2005 as database server

Posts: 273 | Location: Europe | Registered: May 31, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot for your responses. My intention was to separate the errors occuring due to Database/WebFOCUS. It seems that it is difficult to differentiate them using WebFOCUS error handling.
I think I need to figure out another mechanism to go about this issue.

Regards
Syed

Using WF 7.1.7/Dev Studio

Expert
posted Hide Post
Syed,

I should have mentioned that some SQL errors are contained in &RETCODE, so if you have a WebFOCUS error (&FOCERRNUM NE 0) you could first check &RETCODE to see if there is a SQL error. In one app, I have tests for DB2 SQL errors -551, -1015, -1032, -1035, -2036, -30082.

Francis

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Syed,

If sql server error is returned by webfocus that means also that this error was generated by sql server.
In sql server we can catch these erros and send mails directly from sql server to whom ever we want.

Regards

WebFocus 7.6.5
AND WebLogic server as web server
sql2005 as database server

Posts: 273 | Location: Europe | Registered: May 31, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Francis/Majid
Thanks for the response.
Actually I am looking for errors which can be caught after the report is generated. We have an error page which, in case there's any error, would show a message with the Error No. (&FOCERRNUM). we wanted to use this to track down the root cause. I understand that if the error is a SQL error, it can be caught from the logs on SQL server. However, we would want to know into which bucket should the error fall in - WebFOCUS or Database, based on the error number which we get on the error page.

Syed

Using WF 7.1.7/Dev Studio