Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Calling the MS CRM Web Service

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Calling the MS CRM Web Service
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
I have a requirement to load some data into a set of MS SQL Server tables that are part of MS CRM.

I have written a WebFOCUS program that creates a text file containing SQL insert statements to add the data to the tables. It works perfectly. But, according to Microsoft, this is illegal, and the CRM will not be supported by them. I have to use the API or Web Service.

I was wondering if I really have to write a Java or C program to call the API, or can I do it using WebFOCUS.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
With the WebFOCUS Web Services Adapter, (this will require a license if you do not have it), WebFOCUS can call a WebService and pass parameters to the WebService. I think this is what you need then you can use WebFOCUS.

Hope this helps.

Scott

Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I've never used Web Services before - I'll give it a try.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Web Services are completely new to me, so I hope there are enterprising young FocalPointers that will be of assistance. I plan to start investigating on Tuesday. I am looking for the Web Services Adapter documentation but haven’t been successful yet, does someone have a link to the document?

Thanks.

Francis

<DocServices>
posted
Hi Francis,

The Web Services Adapter is documented in the WebFOCUS Web Services 5.3 manual (DN4500609.0904) in Chapter 5, WebFOCUS Web Services Adapter.

This information also appears in the iWay Adapter manual, but the information is identical.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jenn

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
According to the manual for 5.3.2, "ID and password are not implemented in the current release". How does one set up authentication for a Web Service?

Francis

<DocServices>
posted
Hi Francis,

The following information was suggested by the PM:

"The id and password would probably be included in an Operation of the Microsoft CRM Web Services. You would consume the CRM WSDL file with the WebFOCUS Web Services Adapter. It is suggested that you consult the documentation of the CRM system to learn how to access the WSDL file and what operations it includes. Then a WebFOCUS request can be used. The Web Services Adapter would have to be licensed."

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jenn

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I figured that.

I get the following errors, of which I cannot find any documentation:

(FOC44535) SOAP Request: htConnect failed : 3
(FOC44562) Error in reading WSDL : http://www.xignite.com/xEdgar.asmx?WSDL

What does the SOAP Request: htCOnnect failed: 3 mean? WHat's the 3 stand for?

The Web Services manual simply lists these errors without any explanation whe we would get them.

Francis

<DocServices>
posted
Hi Francis,

The following replies are from the PM:
"htConnect failed: 3 means that the Reporting Server cannot connect to that site where the WSDL File is located."

The PM also mentioned that he tried that URL and it worked for him. "Do you have a Proxy Server in your environment? With WebFOCUS 7.1.3, Proxy Server support was added."

At this point, the PM suggests that you open a case with technical support.

Regards,
Jenn

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Jennifer,

Thanks for your message. Just wondering why the details of the error are not in the documentation.

THanks for the info on the proxy server, I had guessed that might be a problem, unfortunately, the client will not be upgrading to 7x for a while.

I have opened a case with tech support.

THanks again.

Francis

posted Hide Post
Hi,
Try this way , i tried and is working :

1. put in your browser : http://www.xignite.com/xEdgar.asmx?WSDL
2. after the xml response is coming in your browse go to File , Save as , Save as type= all files , File name: xEdgar.wsdl ( you can put what you want , keep extension)
3. Go in Developer Studio in the environment where you want to use the Web Services
4. Chose WebFOCUS Reporting Server Console
5. Data Adapters
6. Web Services
7. Add Connection
8. in WSDL URL put the path to your wsdl file :
for my is : file://E:\webservices\xEdgar.wsdl ( very important to put file:// lowercase )
9. Next
10. In the new screen for End Points chose from the list : http://www.xignite.com/xEdgar.asmx
11. Chose the Configure button .
12. Now under the Web Service tree you will see the new data adapter .
13. click under the adapter
14. create synonim
15. select operations
16. now you have a list of methods provided by WebService :
ListSECFilingTypes
LookupCIK
GetCIK
Check what you need and after button Create Synonym

17. A new master file will apear

If you have any questions feel free to contact me !!

Best regards,
Valentin

Expert
posted Hide Post
The trouble we were having back in July 2006 was that Web Services 5.3.2 cannot work with proxy servers. Does your method bypass this problem?

Francis

posted Hide Post
Hi,

My version is 7.x.x .

Best regards,
Valentin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: valixx,