Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Dev Studio: Action cannot be completed Server Busy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Dev Studio: Action cannot be completed Server Busy
 Login/Join

Master
posted
When I run a program from ds I am running into a dialog box saying that the server is busy. The exact wording is this :

(Server Busy)
This action cannot be completed because other program is busy. Choose 'Switch to' to activate busy program and correct the program.

[Switch to] [Retry]

It offers me to switch to or retry while the close and X are not selectable. The difference I seem to be experiencing is that when I select either option it will bring up my start menu. I can select off of it to close the start menu but then the system busy box pops back up again. Sometimes this goes on and on, others it works the first time I exit the start menu. I have seen one other post on this problem but there were no replies. The server busy box never tells me what program seems to have the conflict and I have had no luck researching this on the web.

This seems to be a Windoze message rather than IBI supplied

Unfortunately the only recourse I currently have is to shut ds down with consequent loss of any unsaved data.

Is there anyone out there who knows how to cure this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
<JG>
posted
quote:
This action cannot be completed because another program is busy.

John, I searched on the internal hottrack system and there are several reports of similar cases.
But never a definitive answer as to the reason.

It seems to be almost always IIS sites.

Solutions suggested include clearing browser cache, reinstalling DevStudio, installing
the correct version of DevStudio for the WebFOCUS server and client.

Tuning IIS. (there is an iWAY technote that might help but it relates to Amberpoint and ASP.net applications
however it my help)

http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/tech/iway/is...799378/tuningiis.htm

If you can not get it either, contact support and they can post it to you or the Microsoft source document is

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821268

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Thanks JG for taking the trouble to reply.

It seems that IIS is still accepting other applications when this happens.

The problem kept re-occurring until I rebooted my desktop machine and it has now stopped but it does illustrate the importance of regularly saving your work!

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Just had the same experience. I noticed I was very low on real memory and had multiple copies of Internet Exploiter open which were using much memory.

Perhaps it just sits there waiting until enough memory is available.

God bless Monopolies and the wonderful O/S'es they create.

posted Hide Post
Well .. if WebFOCUS would work with Firefox we wouldn't need to use the monopoly's product.

Posts: 22 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: March 29, 2007Report This Post