Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [WORKED AROUND - NOT SOLVED]Dev Studio install - "Not enough room on Drive C" message

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[WORKED AROUND - NOT SOLVED]Dev Studio install - "Not enough room on Drive C" message
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Folks:

I am trying to install Developer Studio on a brand new computer. I am having the same issue as I did before when installing on a completely different machine.

Both machines are HP, but separated by 5 years in date of manufacture 2005 vs 2010.
Both are running 64-bit Windows 7
Both have BitDefender antivirus installed (which doesn't cause any problems with other software installs)

When running the install for Dev Studio I get the message: "Not enough room on Drive C". This happens during the extract phase of the download file. (There is oodles of room)

I worked around this issue with the 2005 machine because it has dual-boot XP and Win 7. After extracting the downloaded file using XP I was able to run the setup under Win 7. I'm not so lucky with the newer machine which is Win 7 only.

I haven't investigated XP mode under Win 7, but why should I have to?

Any suggestions?

George

This message has been edited. Last edited by: George Patton,

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
This might help: [SOLVED] Dev Studio 7.6.11 Install (Not enough space on C Drive)

Heed the
quote:
I am a reforming 'why asker' and am trying to embrace the world of "i don't know why it wasn't working before, but it is now, so...."
message Smiler

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Heed the
quote:
I am a reforming 'why asker' and am trying to embrace the world of "i don't know why it wasn't working before, but it is now, so...."
message Smiler

grrrrrrr....

I have worked around this issue once again by:

1) copying the download file to the network
2) copying from there to a machine running 32-bit Vista
3) extracting the setup files from the download file
4) reversing the copy procedure to get the extracted files back on the target Win 7 64-bit machine
5) running the setup

This was an enormous pain when the only issue was that the self-extracting file wouldn't work.

I would definitely NOT call this "solved"

George

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
If this is a problem with the installer the only way it is going to get fixed is if you open a case with Techsupport and it gets reported to programming.

Its great that there is a work around, but stuff like this really should have a case opened.

WF 71.x, 76.x, 7701, 8.0 Beta OS: Linux, Win2k3, Win2k, Win2k8, WinXP

Posts: 203 | Registered: November 19, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would definitely NOT call this "solved"

Done: [WORKED AROUND] Dev Studio 7.6.11 Install (Not enough space on C Drive)

;-)

------------------------------------
WF Environment:
Server/Client, ReportCaster, Dev Studio: 7.6.11
Resource Analyzer, Resource Governor, Library, Maintain, InfoAssist
Application/Web Server: Tomcat 5.5.25
Java: JDK 1.6.0_03
Authentication: LDAP, MRREALM Driver
Output: PDF, EXL2K, HTM

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Posts: 561 | Registered: February 03, 2010Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
It's already two cases with Tech Support and has been referred to the programmers I believe ...

Expert
posted Hide Post
This is still occurring - WebFOCUS Developer Studio 8.0.07, Windows 7. I used 7-Zip to unzip the exe.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post