Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Generate ScreenShot of Page

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Generate ScreenShot of Page
 Login/Join

Master
posted
WF8 - Has anyone created an screen-shot of what the user is currently looking at as an image. I have need to be able to let the user click on an image and then generate a screen shot of there current content and then they would like that image placed on a PDF document.

Thanks
Scott

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

Scott

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What if you put the content in a Document with a PDF format?

Create a report called car_details.fex and a Document like this should display it in PDF.

ENGINE INT CACHE SET ON
SET PAGE-NUM=NOLEAD
SET EMPTYREPORT=ON

COMPOUND LAYOUT PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
SECTION=Section_1, LAYOUT=ON, PAGESIZE=Letter, ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT, SHOW_GLOBALFILTER=OFF, $
PAGELAYOUT=1, NAME='Page 1', TEXT='Page 1', LEFTMARGIN=0.25, RIGHTMARGIN=0.25, TOPMARGIN=0.25, BOTTOMMARGIN=0.25, $
COMPONENT=IncludeTable_1, COMPONENT-TYPE=REPORT, POSITION=(1.041666 1.041666), DIMENSION=(* *), $
END

SET COMPONENT=IncludeTable_1
-*component_type include

-INCLUDE IBFS:/WFC/Repository/test/car_details.fex
END
COMPOUND END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BabakNYC,

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
What if you put the content in a Document with a PDF format?

Not a possibility as they html page is supper complex and they do not want all the data in all the iframes only what they are looking at. Active HTML/PDF is not an option as it is too limited and is not 100% mobile friendly.

Scott

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Charts have a HOLD FORMAT PNG but not reports. But a PNG saved on disk can then be put into a PDF. It'll be a lot of coding though for a partial solution.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BabakNYC:
Charts have a HOLD FORMAT PNG but not reports. But a PNG saved on disk can then be put into a PDF. It'll be a lot of coding though for a partial solution.

I am aware of that and have done it before but this is a different requirement. and in a scrolling iFrame you do not know what lines the user is looking at that I need a true screen show.

Scott

Expert
posted Hide Post
May be an idea to search google and see if there is another option to do a screen capture.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
HTML2CANVAS

https://html2canvas.hertzen.com/

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!
-----------------------------
Product: WebFOCUS
Version: 8.1.04
Server: Windows 2008 Server

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I have used Snipit (a snipping tool) to capture a screen. It is not a WebFOCUS solution, but it does work. I think that SnagIt also would work.
Essentially while your report is displayed open the tool, capture the screen and then paste it to your word or other document.

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

WebFOCUS Keysheet Rel. 8.0.2
(Almost) 1001 Ways to Work with Dates thru Rel. 8.0.2
Focus since 1982
WebFOCUS since the beginning
Vivian@aviter.com

Posts: 191 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: April 29, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
SnagIt is an end user purchased program.. I think he was looking for a coding solution within his WebFOCUS app.

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!
-----------------------------
Product: WebFOCUS
Version: 8.1.04
Server: Windows 2008 Server

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Gavini,

That was why I made the comment that it was NOT a WebFOCUS solution -- but sometimes solutions are found outside the product --- a suggestion only --- BUT if it can be done within WebFOCUS that would be great!

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

WebFOCUS Keysheet Rel. 8.0.2
(Almost) 1001 Ways to Work with Dates thru Rel. 8.0.2
Focus since 1982
WebFOCUS since the beginning
Vivian@aviter.com

Posts: 191 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: April 29, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Vivian et al.

The Snipping Tool is a Microsoft program.
You would have to check if it exists on your WF server (if not copy it to the C:\Windows\System32 directory).
Then create a URL which would run it and make it clickable on the screen.
I don't know if it would then appear on the user's screen and, if so, it would be allowed to save the snip on the user's machine.
It is worth a try.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
@GavinL

Do you use HTML2CANVAS ?
I want to test it, but I can't make it work
Should you install anything on WebFocus server ?

Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by GavinL:
HTML2CANVAS

https://html2canvas.hertzen.com/

Webfocus 8.201M.
Windows
InfoAssist +
Chrome, IE, Excel, HTML; PDF, AHTML,GRAPH

Posts: 92 | Location: France | Registered: July 08, 2009Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
jacquetl

I have not seen GavinL active on FP for a long long time. Best to open a case with techsupport on this one.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post