Focal Point
[CLOSED] InfoMini - Show Slicer Selections in Header

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2997010196

January 04, 2019, 06:00 PM
Janet Maschke
[CLOSED] InfoMini - Show Slicer Selections in Header
How do I get the options selected in slicers in an InfoMini app to appear in the report header? I have 4 slicers so I entered those 4 fields in as report headers. However, if only two of the slicers are populated (the other two are blank), the header automatically picks up default data for the two blank slicers. Therefore, the report has a heading that does not match the data used. I am using InfoAssist.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

InfoAssist
Dev Studio 8.1.04
January 07, 2019, 08:21 AM
BabakNYC
IMHO when you turn on Slicers, placing selections in a heading isn't a good idea because of the very behavior you're describing. The selections are displayed in the Slicers anyway so, having them in the Heading seems redundant. Do you have a specific use case that requires fields in headings?

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
January 09, 2019, 12:31 PM
Janet Maschke
I need to allow users the flexibility of using Excel as an output format. The slicer information does not appear in that Excel file; therefore, the data is not clearly identified. Also, there is not enough space on the report to bring in all the fields which are used in the slicer.

InfoAssist
Dev Studio 8.1.04
January 14, 2019, 11:22 AM
FP Mod Chuck
Janet

If this is still an issue I suggest opening a case with techsupport.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats