Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] No resolution- Fexes in basedir keep disappearing or being deleted randomly

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] No resolution- Fexes in basedir keep disappearing or being deleted randomly
 Login/Join

posted
For months we have had occasional issues where user's fex files disappear from their basedir. It has happened to me personally, and one of my users had this happen twice in the past week. All his fexes are simply gone from basedir. Sometimes when a fex is gone it will be just a few random ones missing from any users basedirs.

Has anyone else experience something like this? Have you determined the cause?

We are on WebFOCUS 7.7.0.4

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jason E,

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows 2008 R2 64 Bit
SQL 2007

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Check the space useage on the drive where the basedir is.

If this drive runs out of space fex files will randomly disappear from the basedir

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows

Posts: 176 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Jason,

In 7.6.7 we would experience an issue where the users HTM file would get corrupted. For some reason the xml that points to the users report would write after the end html tag. We ended up going into the file and recreating the structure whenever this would happen. Might be worth verifying that everything is being written in the users HTM file correctly.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We just had this same problem happen this week. I had scheduled jobs in ReportCaster failing because it could not find the fex file. I run a backup of basedir every night and was able to find some of the files on the backup but many of them were not on the backup so I know they are somehow being deleted before the backup is run.

WebFOCUS Report Server 7.7.05 and Client 7.7.05 on AIX 7.1.
WebFOCUS Reporting Server 7.7.05 on Windows Server 2012 R2.

Posts: 2 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska | Registered: March 19, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone opened a ticket with tech support or gotten any kind of response from tech support? I opened a ticket today on 4/26/2013 the case # us 91162519 in case anyone wants to follow up on it.

WebFOCUS Report Server 7.7.05 and Client 7.7.05 on AIX 7.1.
WebFOCUS Reporting Server 7.7.05 on Windows Server 2012 R2.

Posts: 2 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska | Registered: March 19, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the suggestions. I have no problems with disk availability on this drive. The issue is not HTM files being corrupted either. The fex files themselves just disappear.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows 2008 R2 64 Bit
SQL 2007

Expert
posted Hide Post
How many other users have access to baseapp? Could "they" be deleting these files?

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Users are not given modify access directly to basedir. We are beginning to see a pattern here though. We have one user whose fexes end up missing often, and when other users copy one of his fexes, then their fexes start disappearing as well. I'm also suggesting that we enable file system deletion auditing to try to capture these events. Will update as I have new information. Any suggestions or feedback are still welcome.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows 2008 R2 64 Bit
SQL 2007

Expert
posted Hide Post
'basedir'... be sure you're using the right word. its a container directory, containing all the subdirectories for your domains and for your endusers..
its not the same thing as 'baseapp'.
and the word 'modify' has a specific meaning, it doesn't mean 'read/write'.
I'm guessing you're using INfoAssist and that is the mechanism for 'users' creating 'fexes';
when such an event happens, are you (as admin) looking at the user's directory via a mapped drive, so that you can see if the fexes still exist?

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Is the fex actually gone if you look on the file system in baseapp? It is possible that the domain htm file is the issue.. the fex is there but there is no pointer to it in the htm file. In dev studio you will not see it.

On a related note... has anyone ever seen domain href files become corrupted? Happened to me recently. Half of the htm file was missing. Like it was partially saved when someone created a new report...

WF 8.0.0.5M

Posts: 246 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: October 01, 2003Report This Post