Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Synonym Editor Cube View

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Synonym Editor Cube View
 Login/Join

posted
Hi Im am a user of 7.6.5 and have found in the help files something called Cube View within the Synonym editor. However I am unable to find this when i launch the editor and was wondering is this an add-on or am i missing a trick here.

Any help would be most useful

Thanks in advance

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Webfocus 7.6.5
Windows, all output

Expert
posted Hide Post
I'm sure this option is available only when the synonym is for a Cube data source.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Francis

Thank you for your reply, maybe now would be a good idea to give you more detail.

The master file i have is built, is based off an oracle table which i have summarized as a cube within oracle, built using SQL ie

create table2 as
select
F1,
F2,
Sum(F3) as total
from table1
group by cube (f1,f2)

I think its fair to say that for some reason WF is not recognising my data as a cube so is there anything you can suggest that I need to do in order for the Master File to recognise i am trying to access a cube?

Any further help you have would be most helpful.

Webfocus 7.6.5
Windows, all output

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Oracle cubes are not supported in your version of WebFOCUS. A simple search on IB tech support site learns that oracle cube can be accessed through relational views only. In release 77 support has been added for the API/MDX features of the Oracle Hyperion EPM System Release 11.1.x Client API library.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm ok, in yet I can still access the data within a Master File and report off it. Not ideal as i have to filter the hierarchy.

Bit confused as to why it would say in the help files for 7.6.5 that you can create cubeviews and then have it not supported in 7.6.5, one of the more frustrating elements of WF.

Thanks for your help all the same.

Webfocus 7.6.5
Windows, all output

Expert
posted Hide Post
Cube views can be created in v7.6.5 for DB2, Essbase, SAP BW... just not for Oracle. Too bad for you, but great for everyone else.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post