Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Flex | ibiDatagrid | Changing the data in maindatagrid

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Flex | ibiDatagrid | Changing the data in maindatagrid
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I would like to change the data on my main datagrid based on an ibiColumnchart with an event itemclick or(hitarea)

I thought saving different XML urls in an Arraycollection and passing this to the "seturl"
parameter & reloading would do.

Unfortunately not..How would you refresh the MainDG or pass this new XML to the main datagrid?

any help would be great...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

-----------------------------
PROD WF 7.7.02, PMF 5.2.3, MSQL 2005
QA WF 7.7.02, PMF 5.2.3, MSQL 2005
Primarily self-service; adapters: SAP BW, SAP R/3, SQL Server, FlexEnable
Windows, all output

Posts: 22 | Location: Germany | Registered: December 17, 2009Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Having a little trouble figuring out what it is you're trying to accomplish. Maybe some code would help. The mainGrid can be refreshed with

ibicanvas.reloadData("mainGrid","");

but are you loading this from a procedure or an embedded XML file? The properties for seturl can be "internal" or "{functionFex()}" where functionFex is the function where the URL string is built to call a WF procedure. Is this something similar to a drilldown chart? If you're replacing the data in you primary grid, remember that there's not "going back" without another complete reload of the original data. Maybe try loading different sets of data into multiple grids and let the click event switch between those instead. It appears that you are trying to go and get a whole different data set when the column chart is clicked on, but that seems kind out counter-intuitive to the dashboard purpose. Maybe let the click event apply a filter instead?

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
yes I am currently trying to use the

ibiCancas.reloadData("MDG",""); command.

Unfortunately with not that much success.

Why trying to reload "drilled data" instead of a filter?

First. Me <- Newbie to Flex. Cool
Second. The ibiColumchart in the end should change its XSeries and YSeries depending on the "direction" of the drill.

With having all viseted drilldowns & paramters in an ArrayCollection I thought creating an back button for the enduser.

private function loadNow():void{

MainDG.seturl = "prettylongxmlstring=app/sample_xml_data1";
// MainDG.invalidateDisplayList();
// MainDG.data.refresh();
// MainDG.invalidateList();

MainCanvas.reloadData("MainDG","");
Alert.show("New URL ? ");

Windows, all output

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
So you're not really wanting to reload the data, you're just wanting to change the way that it appears to be sorted.

Along with whatever code you're using in your functions to change the sort values, add

ibicanvas.refreshDP("MDG",true,null);

at the end and see if that does the trick.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
No Id like to retrieve new data based on the customers choice.

and traced this:

[14:27:54.357] fetch data from source: https://correct url + this here -> &Rand=95848
[14:27:54.357] Fetching Data
[14:27:54.357] Sending request
[14:27:54.435] Processing Data
[14:27:54.435] processing xml
[14:27:54.435] Data Error
[14:27:54.435]
WebFOCUS-Hinweis: Keine zur Verarbeitung gültige cgi-Anfrage

I wonder where this random number is coming from...

Windows, all output

posted Hide Post
ok the &Rand URL is fine to me so far.

Unfortunately still not for the DataGrid.seturl when I trie to refresh it

with: ibiCanvas.refreshDP("MDG",true,null);

Any other ideas to refresh data??

Windows, all output

posted Hide Post
ok with mainCanvas.reloadData('MDG',null);

and the wright url it works fine...

Windows, all output

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Glad you got it working and thanks for the update. Sorry I didn't follow-up - was out of the office for a while.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991