Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Flex in Action
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
Having seen the demos etc. at Summit, I was interested to see that IB (UK) have set up an online demo utilising statistical data from the Euro 2008 Football (Soccer) championships.

For those of you who are interested, check out this link

T

Edited to note: This is not a Flex demo, it just happens to have some Flex within it Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tony A,

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Tony. Our Engineering group is in negotiations to bring this tool in house. I passed your link along to give them some ideas.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
No Canadian flag on the Predictions League report Frowner

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
A small oversight I am sure Music

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
The Canadian flag is in!

What is involved in the installation of FLex reporting, is it just Javascript or JSP, or is it a Java program?

Cheers,

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Francis,

Flex is an Adobe product that utilises Flash 9 but to use it with WF I believe that you have to have the Flex Enable component of WF.

Look out for the ppt of the Summit 2008 Lab when it's available.

As for the Canadian flag, I'm not sure who is administering the App in the UK but it looks like they are monitoring the Forum Wink

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
wow ,

the stats are really cool..The graphs give a totally different insight in a match.. :-) Big Grin

Well done IB..I think you can have a tie up with any sports website like goal.com or espnstar.com so that they can put your stats in their site.

More no. of ppl will be able to c it..

Keep up the good work

WebFOCUS 714
Windows XP
Output: HTML,PDF,Excel

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
In my current environment it does not work. Probably because it uses active-x controls? (which have been disabled here). I'll try to take a look at this from a somewhat less secure environment.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Where's Frank Dutch today?

Frank have you been out celebrating after last night's Holland vs Italy game?

The Italians won on the IB database for gamesmanship, but on the pitch you gave them a good thrashing.

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
HAHA ,

Yup hammo..frank must be a happy man..dutch will be a stronger team now with robbben and babel.

WebFOCUS 714
Windows XP

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is involved in the installation of FLex reporting, is it just Javascript or JSP, or is it a Java program?

Francis,

What is involved is that you purchase the Flex adapter from IBI which is a set of classes that each developer downloads to his/her desktop. The developer must also purchase an IDE from Adobe. Once all of that is in place, the developer can create the application using the IBI methods to retrieve data to populate the controls. Once the application is complete, it can be compiled and deployed to the user community.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the details on Flex.

A cursory glance at the report suggests a lot of the Flex stuff could be done with JavaScript.

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Is it just me, or does this demo not DO anything? The stuff we saw at Summit was extremely interactive and very slick. For me, this demo is just 2 reports and 5 pie charts with some hover values. And the 5 pie charts are the only Flex components on the page. It definitely does not illustrate some of the best stuff about Flex imo.

Sorry, I guess I was expecting something a little "cooler" for an online demo.

Production: 7.6.6 WF Server  <=>  7.6.6 WF Client  <=>  7.6.6 Dev Studio
Testing: <none>
Using MRE & BID.  Connected to MS SQL Server 2005
Output Types: HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 230 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Trav,

Even though I pointed out that this uses Flex, I cannot find any mention that it is designed as purely a Flex demo (I've made a comment above to avoid confusion). As such the limited use of Flex is justified I think, after all one of the best ways to allow stats to be viewed etc. is using Active Reports?

I guess if you want a dedicated Flew demo then it might be a good idea to only look at the Products/Demos link off the Information Builders home page - although I haven't seen one specifically for Flex.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Well, I've got enough stuff from Summit and Webcasts that I think I can show adequate illustrations -- I just found it odd that it didn't really do anything even though it was supposed to be a demo (of sorts). I was just surprised since it wasn't even an active report or anything.

But yeah, I've got plenty of material to show around here. Smiler

Expert
posted Hide Post
Below is what I see. Is this the Flex stuff or the Active Reports stuff? I don't see any pie charts, is this because I'm on Firefox?

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Francis, click on Chart, that's where the Pie selection is. This is an Active Report...

Tom

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Trav,

One sees the Active Reports behaviour after clicking the "See the full report" link.

And I don't see the Flex stuff in Firefox. I believe the demo ought to be browser-independent.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Tom, thanks for the clarification.

When I click on Chart and choose an option, I get this:

which I assume is a normal WebFOCUS chart.

This I assume is Flex, which is not displayed when using Firefox:

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Sir Francis,

You are CORRECT on all counts!!!

Although, did not know about Firefox; good info for IBI!!!

Tom

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Oh I see the active report now.

Do they not have a Flash Player plug-in for Firefox? That's what's needed to see the Flex stuff. (I use IE)

Expert
posted Hide Post
I do have a Flash player installed in Firefox, but for some reason the pie charts are not displayed. Normally there's a message on the screen if something is incompatible or a plug-in is missing.

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
hi tony and other wizards,

What happened to the Dashboard??Is anyone working on this???
ME just curious to know it status ..

Thank you

WebFOCUS 714
Windows XP