Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Formatting HTML reports

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Formatting HTML reports
 Login/Join

posted
How can I get my HTML report to display alternating colors for each record. ie. lines alternating between gray and white. I'm using WF Developer studio version 7.6.11 on windows pc.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

OS/Oracle

Windows
Output:All

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
1. Multi-select all columns then do a right-click and select Options.
2. Set Active Object to Column Data (on the left)
3. Select Alternating Color (on the right) and then Select Colors.
4. Choose your desired colours. You can also specify alternate on By Field by clicking the check box and choosing the field.

WebFOCUS 7.73
Windows, Unix, AS/400 (iSeries)
HTML, PDF, MS Excel (including templates), HTML Active Reports

posted Hide Post
I appreciate the prompt response. I should have said that I mainly work with the text editor and not the GUI. My current program has comments that will be erased if I go into the GUI. Can you tell me how to do the above by going into the text editor. Thank you!! Smiler

OS/Oracle

Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Search on "alternating color" in this forum and you will find a number of posts. Such formatting is performed in the StyleSheet using the BACKCOLOR attribute. Provide two colors instead of one and voila.

TYPE=DATA, BACKCOLOR=(RGB(255 255 223) RGB(201 217 254)), $

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Alright, I really appreciate your help Dan...I do a quick search in the forum. Thanks! Smiler

OS/Oracle

Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The method I outlined above will change color every time the final BY field in the request changes value. If you need to switch colors on a different BY field, then this is the syntax to use:

TYPE=DATA, BACKCOLOR=(BY=fieldx RGB(190 216 190) RGB(190 216 216)), $

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The method I outlined above will change color every time the final BY field in the request changes value. If you need to switch colors on a different BY field, then this is the syntax to use:

TYPE=DATA, BACKCOLOR=(BY=fieldx RGB(190 216 190) RGB(190 216 216)), $

Dan,

The syntax works like a charm!!!! Thanks big time!!!

OS/Oracle

Windows