Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] HOLD File Limit

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] HOLD File Limit
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I would like to populate a file within WebFocus that contains a list of acceptable values for parameters to be validated against.

I have created the code to do this, however I now get the following error:

(FOC198) FATAL ERROR IN DATABASE I/O. FOCUS TERMINATING ERROR WRITING FOCSORT,
PAGE 28173, CODE 0xffffffff

I have used XFOCUS HOLD files as I believe these are the largest HOLD files available????

Is there a way to do this using HOLD files or do I need to look to a different solution?

Thanks

Mark,

APP HOLD HOLDFILES
SET HOLDLIST=PRINTONLY
SET XFOCUS=ON
SET XFOCUSBINS=1023
-* ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-* SET MASTER FILE PATH
-* ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-SET &MFD_PATH = 'MFDNODBA';
-* BUILD WHITE LIST FOR EACH ATTRIBUTE
SET BYDISPLAY=ON
-SET &ECHO = ALL;

-* EXRACT COMPLETE LIST OF MASTER FILES INTO A HOLD FILE
TABLE FILE SYSTABLE
PRINT NAME
-*WHERE REMARKS NE ' '
WHERE NAME EQ 'volumes_cube'
ON TABLE HOLD AS Masters FORMAT ALPHA
END

-* SET VARIABLES REQUIRED FOR LOOP THROUGH OF MASTER FILES, AND INITIATE LOOP
-SET &RECCOUNT = &LINES;
-RUN
-SET &I=0;
-START
-SET &I=&I+1;
-* READ THE Masters HOLD FILE LINE BY LINE
-READ Masters NOCLOSE &MasterFile.A50.
-* CONVERT FIELD TO UPPERCASE
-SET &MasterFileUC=UPCASE(50,&MasterFile,'A50');

CHECK FILE &MasterFileUC HOLD
TABLE FILE HOLD
PRINT FIELDNAME/A100 AND FILENAME/A100 AND ACTUAL
BY FIELDNAME NOPRINT
BY FILENAME NOPRINT
WHERE FILENAME = &MasterFileUC.QUOTEDSTRING;
ON TABLE HOLD AS MasterFields FORMAT ALPHA
END

-* EXRACT COMPLETE LIST OF FIELDNAMES WHERE NOT A MEASURE FIELD
TABLE FILE SYSCOLUM
PRINT NAME/A100 AND PROPERTY AND FILENAME/A100
BY NAME NOPRINT
BY FILENAME NOPRINT
WHERE PROPERTY NE 'MEASURE'
ON TABLE HOLD AS NonMeasureFields FORMAT ALPHA
END
-* JOIN THE TWO DATA SETS
JOIN CLEAR *
JOIN INNER FIELDNAME AND FILENAME IN MasterFields TO NAME AND FILENAME IN NonMeasureFields
END
-* STORE THE RESULT FROM THE JOIN IN A HOLD FILE
TABLE FILE MasterFields
PRINT NAME AND ACTUAL
WHERE NAME NE ' '
ON TABLE SAVE AS WhiteListAttributes FORMAT ALPHA
END

-* SET VARIABLES REQUIRED FOR LOOP THROUGH OF FIELDS, AND INITIATE LOOP
-SET &WHTLSTCOUNT = &LINES;
-SET &II=0;
-INNERSTART
-SET &II=&II+1;
-* READ EACH FIELD
-READ WhiteListAttributes NOCLOSE &AllowedValue.A100. &FIELDTYPE.A5.
-* CHECK FORMAT OF EACH FIELD, DATES NEED TO BE HANDLED DIFFERENTLY
-IF &FIELDTYPE NE DATE THEN CONTINUE ELSE GOTO DAT;
-SET &AllowedValue = TRUNCATE(&AllowedValue);
-TYPE &AllowedValue
DEFINE FILE &MasterFileUC
Attribute/A100='&AllowedValue';
AllowedValue/A100=&AllowedValue;
END

-GOTO CONT;

-DAT
-SET &AllowedValue = TRUNCATE(EDIT(&AllowedValue));
DEFINE FILE &MasterFileUC
Attribute/A100='&AllowedValue';
AllowedValue/A100=EDIT(&AllowedValue);
END

-CONT
-* INTERROGATE DATA SOURCES AND RETURN VALUES
TABLE FILE &MasterFileUC
BY Attribute
BY AllowedValue
ON TABLE HOLD AS Src FORMAT XFOCUS
END
-* MERGE DATA SETS INTO ONE FINAL WHITELIST
-IF &II EQ 1 THEN CONTINUE ELSE GOTO MERGE;

TABLE FILE Src
PRINT Attribute AND AllowedValue
ON TABLE HOLD AS Whitelist2 FORMAT XFOCUS
END

-MERGE
TABLE FILE Src
ON TABLE HOLD AS Whitelist3 FORMAT XFOCUS
MORE
FILE Whitelist2
END

TABLE FILE Whitelist3
ON TABLE HOLD AS Whitelist2 FORMAT XFOCUS
END

-IF &II LT &WHTLSTCOUNT THEN GOTO INNERSTART;
-INNERENDLOOP

-CLOSE WhiteListAttributes

-IF &I LT &RECCOUNT THEN GOTO START;
-ENDLOOP
-CLOSE Masters

This message has been edited. Last edited by: faddybloom,

WEBFOCUS 7.7.05
Windows
HTML / Excel

Posts: 9 | Location: UK | Registered: June 20, 2012Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
This looks like an available space issue. 28173 pages is well below the focsort limit and 0xffffffff points to lack of space on the server.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post