Focal Point
[CLOSED] managed reporting

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3057023416

December 14, 2011, 02:54 PM
SPetrey
[CLOSED] managed reporting
I am fairly new to Web Focus and need to know the specifics on where the best place is for reports to be developed and how they can be moved between managed reporting and development. I have several procedures in development that are called with drill downs. I need to move these to managed reporting and apparently don't understand the correct process. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs
December 14, 2011, 03:48 PM
Sayed
Are you working on a single webfocus server where you are creating development and production domains? Or, do you have seperate webfocus servers?

Best place to develop is using Developer Studio.

Thanks,
Sayed

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE
December 14, 2011, 04:05 PM
SPetrey
I'm using developer studio and I have my procedures in a specific folder under the application folder. I would like to move these down into a folder under managed reporting, but I am not having much luck. I copy them, but they don't run right. I saw where you 'import' procedures, but i'm not sure how all that works.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs
December 15, 2011, 10:40 AM
<JG>
If you created things in the application folders and you copied them to MRE
Then you nee to change the links for the drilldown.

Remember the WebFOCUS server knows nothing about MRE

Your drilldown should look something like

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
DEALER_COST
RETAIL_COST
BY LOWEST COUNTRY
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *