Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] HTML5 Chart

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] HTML5 Chart
 Login/Join

posted
I call webfocus using REST API for webfocus.
I retrieve HTML5 Chart and among the response, i see the following.

<script type='text/javascript' src='/ibi_apps/rs/tdg/jschart/distribution/tdgchart-min.js'>

This is throwing javascript error because, the tdgchart-min.js is not found.

Is there a way i integrate the js file with the html response. Please help me with this.

Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

webfocus 8.1
windows, html

Master
posted Hide Post
Ramkumar,

tdgchart-min.js is the javascript library that draws the HTML5 graphs. It may be that you need to change the path from a relative path to an absolute path depending on how you are executing your page. The path would be for the Application Server.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Eric, Thank you for the quick reply.

Could you please help me change the relative path to absolute path.

The webapplication that i have(that makes REST call to webfocus) has url as "http://localhost:...." and the webfocus is at "http:webfocusip.../ibiapps".

So.. i presume i need to change the relative path to have "http:webfocusip/ipiapps../tdgchart.js"
The HTML response from webfocus has this relative path.
Please help me with a solution on how to change this relative path.

webfocus 8.1
windows, html

Master
posted Hide Post
You want the webfocus url.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
<script type='text/javascript' src='/ibi_apps/WFServlet.ibfs?IBFS1_action=RUNFEX&|IBFS_path=/WFC/Repository/rs/tdg/jschart/distribution/tdgchart-min.js'>

EDIT: You may or may not need the "&|", might just need "&", depending on the use.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GavinL,

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!
-----------------------------
Product: WebFOCUS
Version: 8.1.04
Server: Windows 2008 Server

posted Hide Post
Any other suggestions to help me get a html5 chart show up with required js file?

webfocus 8.1
windows, html

posted Hide Post
At last i figured this out myself.

Here is how i got this fixed..

1. Go to Administration console of webfocus
2. Click on "Configuration"->"Application Contexts"
3, The IBI_ReportCaster_Context, IBI_WebFOCUS_Context and IBI_Webapp_Context_Default should have absolute URL for your ibi_apps application.
Mine had "/ibi_apps"
i changed it to http://hostname:8080/ibi_apps

It started working after this.

webfocus 8.1
windows, html

posted Hide Post
Hi RamKumar, I am trying to follow you solution and the application context settings for those three are disabled. I am not able to edit them to full path. Can you let me know how to do that.

Thanks.
Avinash.

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows 10
Excel, HTML, PDF, AHTML

Posts: 10 | Location: Birmingham | Registered: October 09, 2017Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Avinash

First of all welcome to Focal Point. It is a great forum to answer your development questions.

I want to make sure you are in the right place as I have WebFOCUS 8105M and do see these contexts as editable.

First of all you need to be an Administrator to the WebFOCUS client and that may be what is your problem. If you are then you need to be on the WebFOCUS Client Administration console under Configuration / Application Settings /Application Contexts

Hope that helps.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you "fixed" this by changing a ReportCaster setting, then I suppose your problem was with calling a procedure from ReportCaster?

In that case, revert your change and include a few options in your procedure; in your case BASEURL is the more relevant one, but FOCEXURL is often used in unison with it.

See:
http://infocenter.informationb..._PROCESSING_d0e28851

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Ramkumar28782

Please place this java script file in your app directory and try something like this ,

<script charset="utf-8" type="text/javascript" src="/approot/demo/d3/d3.v3.min.js"></script> 

quote:
js file location is \ibi\apps\demo\d3\d3.v3.min.js

WF Production :- WF:8.0.0.4, 8.1.05 App-studio/Developer Studio(8.1.x) ,
8.2.0.1M , 8.2.0.2 (App-Studio8.2.x),
InfoAssist/+, InfoDiscovery
Output format:-AHTML, PDF, Excel, HTML
Platform:-Windows 7, 8,10

Posts: 186 | Location: Infobuild India | Registered: August 28, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. I forgot to change my version of WF. Currently I am using 8201M and I am on admin privilege also.

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows 10
Excel, HTML, PDF, AHTML

posted Hide Post
I am trying to call the chart report from node js hosted locally. So js filesreferenced by WF Chart is not sourcing to 8080 but instead sourcing to the node js local host and hence failing to reference that file.

quote:
Originally posted by Chaudhary:
Ramkumar28782

Please place this java script file in your app directory and try something like this ,

<script charset="utf-8" type="text/javascript" src="/approot/demo/d3/d3.v3.min.js"></script> 

quote:
js file location is \ibi\apps\demo\d3\d3.v3.min.js

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows 10
Excel, HTML, PDF, AHTML