Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Forcing an Empty Date Value

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Forcing an Empty Date Value
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
There is a date field that for years we have used as a date the product actually shipped from our facility even though the value of the date field was the "PLANNED RELEASE DATE" for the manufacturing order. Since we do not enter the order until it is released, we've never used this field for it's intended use.

Now due to an update to the software, this is now a REQUIRED field. As a work around, we are planning to use a date of 01/01/2005 and then put the acatual ship date in as we have always done in the past. I've coded the report appropriately that says if the "PLANNED RELEASE DATE" is 01/01/2005 to put NOT SHIPPED in a define field that show a MO as ON TIME, LATE, or NOT SHIPPED. The only issue {and it is only a cosmetic issue} is that no one likes to see the 01/01/2005 date on the report.

KEEPING IN MIND THAT I CAN ONLY USE INFO ASSIST due to political reasons from corporate, is there a way I could DATA, DEFINE, to not show the 01/01/2005 date? When I pull up DEFINE, I have to give it a format, so I use MDYY, and in the text I put

IF PLANNED_RELEASE_DT EQ '01/01/2005' THEN

but didn't know what to put after that?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Release: WebFOCUS 8
Windows
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Master
posted Hide Post
Your obviously "MISSING" something Roll Eyes

DEFINE FILE CAR
   SALES_RTFM/D12 MISSING ON = IF SALES NE 0 THEN SALES ELSE MISSING;
END

TABLE FILE CAR
   SUM SALES
       SALES_RTFM
   BY  CAR
END

Cheers,
Dave

Posts: 668 | Location: Veghel, The Netherlands | Registered: February 16, 2010Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Oh...

and you'll find that under the "options".

"Override missing values handling" somewhere

Posts: 668 | Location: Veghel, The Netherlands | Registered: February 16, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave:
Oh...

and you'll find that under the "options".

"Override missing values handling" somewhere

In don't think, there is something like that in pure InfoAssist without any chance to edit code.

8.1.05M on Windows
HTML, PDF, Excel

Master
posted Hide Post
Eeker

Indeed....

...I only use Dev.Studio. I assumed such a basic feature would be available in de InfoAssist.

WTF?
( Where's The Field-option-button Music )

Anybody?

posted Hide Post
Hello Pops,

if you like to have an 'empty' field instead of the date 01/01/2005 within
Info Assist, the easiest way: Data/Detail Field (Define)
Field: Newfieldname, Format: A10 ( Character format instead of date format)
IF yourDate EQ '01/01/2005' then '' ELSE yourDate

But , if you need the date format for the output field this solution does not workFrowner

Bernd

Posts: 16 | Location: Hamburg | Registered: January 19, 2015Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone...

As mentioned above, without EDIT TEXT option, which is nothing but a political issue with the IT folks who can't stand the fact that someone who is not an IT person has enough brainpower to write their own reports???... but I digress..

What I ended up doing was IF, THEN... If date equals 01/01/2005 then pull "this field" and used a field that was not used in our business and pthe ELSE was the date if is wasn't 01/01/2005.

There is always a way.

Thanks everyone!

Release: WebFOCUS 8
Windows
HTML, PDF, EXCEL