Focal Point
[SOLVED] Populating System date in the subject for ReportCaster jobs

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3067083196

June 26, 2019, 11:40 AM
Tejasri
[SOLVED] Populating System date in the subject for ReportCaster jobs
Hi All,

I`m using &DATE in the subject line of the report caster job to display the system date for the report when it got distributed, all is fine as we expected until few days back, all of sudden report caster is delivering &DATE instead of system date, wondering what this should be, Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Teju

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFocus 8204,Windows, Excel, PDF, HTML
June 26, 2019, 12:18 PM
BabakNYC
I just tested this and it works for me. What's changed in your environment? If you run this code do you see the value of &DATE?

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SALES
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE SUBHEAD
"&DATE"
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
END

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
June 26, 2019, 03:17 PM
Tejasri
Hi Babak,

Thank you for your feed back,

I have an issue with report caster subject not in the report, I have &DATA In the place of the subject in the distributions , so when report get distributed, subject in the email will display the system date.

Thanks,
Teju

June 26, 2019, 03:47 PM
BabakNYC
I understand. I tested &DATE in the subject of a report caster job and it works. As a test I suggested you see if &DATE has a value in a report. It's a diagnostic means to an end.

Another test might be to see if &YYMD in the subject line gives you a value. All of these will narrow down the problem and give you information that could help you figure out what's wrong.

June 27, 2019, 11:47 AM
Hallway
quote:
I have &DATA In the place of the subject in the distributions

Unless this was a typo, &DATA is not a valid date parameter.

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

June 27, 2019, 01:12 PM
Tejasri
HI Babak,
It was worked for me also till few days back, we did not change any setting at the report caster, we added 50 more jobs &DATE in the subject, that all we did and from the day we added all the jobs we are getting this issue.

Hallway, it was my typo here but not in the scheduler.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Teju

June 27, 2019, 01:17 PM
BabakNYC
Did you try &YYMD instead to see if that works?

June 28, 2019, 07:15 AM
Tejasri
Yes tried &YYMD, result is same just printing &YYMD in the email subject.

June 28, 2019, 08:07 AM
BabakNYC
Does &DATE or &YYMD give you a value when you use it in a TABLE request as I'd suggested earlier?

If nothing has changed either in your OS or WebFOCUS and the only difference is that you've added 50 more jobs, the only other suggestion I have is for you to create a test job with the &DATE in the subject for 1 (one) report to be distributed. If that works, then somehow the number of tasks is causing an internal variable to get blanked out. Either way, I'm out of ideas. Have you opened a case with IB Tech Support? Please post here what you discover when you find a solution.

June 28, 2019, 08:39 AM
Tony A
Just tried this on an 8.2.04 VM and it didn't give the date, only &YYMD or &DATE. Client Build/GEN: 48, Server (8.2.03M) GEN 1335.

However, on 8.1.05, 8.2.05 and 8.2.06 this is working fine.

I would suggest that you raise a case with tech support.

T

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tony A,

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
June 28, 2019, 02:01 PM
Doug
I created some global variable at the system / environment level that can be used in the subject lines or as part of the output filename.
     &&YESTERDAY : 20190423            - This can be added to a subject line or filename.
     &&TODAYSDATE: 20190424            - This can be added to a subject line or filename.
     &&TODAYSMDYY: 04/24/2019          - This can be added to a subject line, not for a filename.
     &&TIMESTAMP : 05_07_2019_13_00_01 - This can be added to a subject line or filename.
     &&ENVIRNNMENT is hard-coded for the environment in which it resides.
The dates shown are, obviously, taken from the systems date variables.

Have fun with them. ~ Doug