Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Styling with Report Painter in App Studio

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Styling with Report Painter in App Studio
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
All,

In the Report Painter in App Studio, I want to style the whitespace under the column headings in a report to a different color. How do you style the whitespace under the column headings?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
SQL Server
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I think that's done using the BORDERS. Go to the Report Tab, Scope Title, click Boders/Grid and pick the color you want like below:
TABLE FILE CAR
BY  CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
BY  CAR.COMP.CAR
BY  CAR.CARREC.MODEL
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLEMBEDIMG ON
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     INCLUDE = IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/_EDAHOME/ETC/warm.sty,
$
TYPE=TITLE,
     BORDER-BOTTOM=HEAVY,
     BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR='RED',
$
ENDSTYLE
END  

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
BabakNYC,

Thanks for the reply. That only colors the border. I want to color the whitespace like in between the border.

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
SQL Server
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post

TYPE=TITLE,
     BACKCOLOR='RED',
$

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
"BACKCOLOR" is what I need, but how do you refer to it in the Report Painter of App Studio?

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
SQL Server
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
In App Studio, click the Report Tab and look to the right for the font name, size and to the right of that is the Text Color and Backcolor. Their icons look like a bunch of colored boxes. The one with a big T is text color and to the right of that is the background color.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Ah ha...I see it...thanks. I didn't look extensively enough for it. I'm use to coding in the FOCUS language. I had ended up going into the code in the editor and adding it myself. Thanks for pointing out though.

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
SQL Server
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc