Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] I am unable to get DSTRUN or DSTMEM to work

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] I am unable to get DSTRUN or DSTMEM to work
 Login/Join

posted
I receive error code 11 when attempting to call DSTRUN or DSTMEM method. I have searched through the Formums and have found similar posts that other people have had but still cannot get it to work. I have tried running from both MRE reports and server based fex's.

My code looks like this:

-SET &SUBERR = DSTMEM('a123456',7,
- 'aaaaa',5,
- 'servername:50200',16,
- 'MyDistList',10,
- 'A',1,
- 'a123456',7,
- ' ',0,
- 'testemail@yahoo.com',19,
- 'a123456/password',16,
- 'I4');

&SUBERR is always 11.

The user (execution ID) is in both the MR User Management List and in Report Caseter User List and the Distribution List is disabled (I've seen posts that indicate this needs to be disabled). I'm not sure about the web server id and password, I've tried with and without it with no luck.

I am fairly new to IBI reports so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

7.6, AIX, HTML

Posts: 4 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 08, 2011Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try taking out the username and password.

See if this helps

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AFrisella:
I have tried without the http user / password and still get error 11.

- 'aaaaa',5,
- ''servername:50200',16,
- 'MyDistList',10,
- 'A',1,
- 'a123456',7,
- ' ',0,
- 'testemail@yahoo.com',19,
- ' ',0,
- 'I4');

I've also tried without the execution id and password but get error 22.

7.6, AIX, HTML

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
try changing -''0, to -' ',1,

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I changed to the following:

- 'aaaaa',5,
- 'MyDistList',10,
- 'A',1,
- 'a123456',7,
- ' ',0,
- ' ',1,
- ' ',0,
- 'I4');

But still no luck. (Error=11). I noticed in some samples in the forum people have passed in an empty user password (2nd parameter) but when I try that I get error 22. I'm not sure if the password I'm using is supposed to be my login password or the password stored in report caster?

7.6, AIX, HTML

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
- 'MyDistList',10,

is your severname really Servername?

is the job number really MyDistList?

posted Hide Post
I changed servername just for this posting. I am setting to the correct name in my script. The distribution list is really MyDistList.

I have verified that these settings are correct by using the http request:

http://servername:50200/rcaste...IBIB_name=MyDistList

This request works.

7.6, AIX, HTML

Master
posted Hide Post
I have not used DSTMEM but use DSTRUN extensively.

Look at the original entry, the srv_userid and srv_userpass have to be a userid and password that is valid on the Reporting Server, not the Web Server or Client.

Also, I cannot tell if you have a blank between the single quotes. It should be ' ' not '' and length should be 0.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post