Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] an error when schedule a managed report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] an error when schedule a managed report
 Login/Join

posted
when i use reportcaster to schedule a managed report, the job failed. error log is

Task error:Error connecting to the Managed Reporting Repository:
No report to distribute.
Error sending log report notification to xxxx Could not connect to SMTP host: xxxx, port: xxxx
Error sending notification

supplements:
1)now i can access to Managed reporting in WEBFOCUS developer studio. so i think the account is available.
2)any time run the job would faild.
3)jobs for scheduling any managed reports would fail.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

webfocus 7.7.0.3,Win7

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
This could have several reasons, but first thing to check would be the password that might have been expired.
Are you able to open the schedule in the reportcaster application?
Does it show some red alerts?

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
@Frank,
i am able to open the schedule in the reportcaster application. and no any alerts.

i think my password is available as i can access to managed reporting in webfocus developer studio.

webfocus 7.7.0.3,Win7

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Log on to report caster and try to create a new schedule (you don't need to save). Go to the task tab and try to add a managed reporting report. Do you get any errors at that point ?

Crystal

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows

Posts: 176 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, CLH
yes, when i did as you said(created a new schedule and didn't save it), i also got the same error

webfocus 7.7.0.3,Win7

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I would suggest you connect to the tech support
We have had more or less the same problem after installing a patch on 7.7.03 last month.
I do not know how they solved it though.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Since you get the same error when you attempt to create a new schedule that means your distribution server has a configuration issues. I don't have 7.7.x (have 7.6.11 and 8.x) However if 7.7 still uses the trusted key I would check that first. Otherwise there is a section in the caster config that tells report caster where the MRE is. You should check that setting also.

Crystal

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows

Posts: 176 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post