Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Issue with dialogue manager's IF

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Issue with dialogue manager's IF
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
All,
I am having 6 tables in my fex.I am using dialogue manager to manipulate the date.In this DM i have a IF condition. If i keep the IF condition then the report output is showing as NO HTML OUTPUT. But the IF condition is working.
if i remove the IF condition from DM, then i am getting all the 6 tables output without issue.
Following is the DM script i am using.
-SET &ENDDATE = DATECVT((DATEADD((DATECVT(&MDYY,'I8MDYY','MDYY')), 'M', -3)),'MDYY','I8MDYY');
-SET &ENDMON = DATECVT((DATEMOV((DATECVT(&ENDDATE,'I8MDYY','MDYY')),'EOM')),'MDYY','I8YYMD');
-SET &ENDMONTH = EDIT(&ENDMON,'$$$$99$');
-SET &STRTDTE = DATECVT((DATEMOV((DATECVT(&ENDDATE,'I8MDYY','YYMD')),'BOY')),'YYMD','I8YYMD');
-SET &LAGMON = DECODE &ENDMONTH(01 Jan 02 Feb 03 Mar 04 Apr 05 May 06 Jun 07 Jul 08 Aug 09 Sep 10 Oct 11 Nov 12 Dec ELSE OTHERS);
-SET &PREVYREND = DATECVT((DATEADD((DATECVT(&STRTDTE,'I8YYMD','YYMD')), 'D', -1)),'YYMD','I8YYMD');
-SET &PREVYRBEG = DATECVT((DATEMOV((DATECVT(&PREVYREND,'I8YYMD','YYMD')),'BOY')),'YYMD','I8YYMD');
-IF &LAGMON EQ 'DEC' GOTO CYEAR ELSE
-GOTO PYEAR;
-PYEAR
-SET &REPTYEAR = EDIT(&PREVYRBEG,'9999$$$$');
-SET &REPTYR = EDIT(&PREVYRBEG,'$$99$$$$');
-SET &REPTMN = EDIT(&PREVYRBEG,'$$$$99$$');
-SET &REPTMON = DECODE &REPTMN(01 Jan 02 Feb 03 Mar 04 Apr 05 May 06 Jun 07 Jul 08 Aug 09 Sep 10 Oct 11 Nov 12 Dec ELSE OTHERS);
-TYPE 'HI';
-GOTO EXIT;
-CYEAR
-SET &REPTYEAR = EDIT(&STRTDTE,'9999$$$$');
-SET &REPTYR = EDIT(&STRTDTE,'$$99$$$$');
-SET &REPTMN = EDIT(&STRTDTE,'$$$$99$$');
-SET &REPTMON = DECODE &REPTMN(01 Jan 02 Feb 03 Mar 04 Apr 05 May 06 Jun 07 Jul 08 Aug 09 Sep 10 Oct 11 Nov 12 Dec ELSE OTHERS);
-TYPE 'HAI';
-EXIT

Did anybody face same issue or any forum discussion that already exists, then do let me know.
Regards

Dev:
Dev Studio 7.1.6,Report Caster 7.1.1,Servlet
Local:
Dev Studio 7.1.6,Report Caster 7.1.1,Apache 5.0.2,
Win XP

Expert
posted Hide Post
Your decode is incorrectly syntaxed and should have single quotes around the alphanumeric content. As the previous EDIT function for &REPTMN will give you alpha then you need the quotes around this component as well -
-SET &REPTMON = DECODE &REPTMN('01' 'Jan' '02' 'Feb' '03' 'Mar' '04' 'Apr' '05' 'May' '06' 'Jun' '07'
-'Jul' '08' 'Aug' '09' 'Sep' '10' 'Oct' '11' 'Nov' '12' 'Dec' ELSE 'OTHERS');

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I cannot see a problem here. The DECODE will work without the quotes, a space separation should be fine, would only be an issue if there were spaces in the decode items.

Can you explain a bit more what is happening for you please.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Alan,
Now the issue is resolved. There was a problem because of Lables. Once i changed the labels it worked well, i am able to see report outputs with same if conditions. I used -EXIT for completing the DM statements. As per the help menu following is the definition for -EXIT
"-EXIT executes the stacked commands. The output is sent to the WebFOCUS client application and the procedure is terminated."
So after executing the DM statements once if find -EXIT it terminated the entire process.

Regards

Dev:
Dev Studio 7.1.6,Report Caster 7.1.1,Servlet
Local:
Dev Studio 7.1.6,Report Caster 7.1.1,Apache 5.0.2,
Win XP