Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Screening data out of range?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Screening data out of range?
 Login/Join

<Kalyan>
posted
Hi,
I am getting a error saying (foc1539) static table :screening data out of range

What I am doing in my report is:
I first get all records from table A for some search conditions. I hold the report output in a hold file hold1. The I try to join column A in hold1 to column A and column B in hold1 to column B in table B.
When I run the report I get all the cols I want to print from the hold file hold1 but the columns selected from table B are lost ( in the sense that they come as blanks in the report output ) On seeing the trace I get this error mentioned above.

Any one can tell me what this amy be due to ?

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
What is the JOIN syntax you are using when you join your hold file to file B?

What is the hold file type?
What is the type of FILE B?

Posts: 346 | Location: Melbourne Australia | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
<Kalyan>
posted
This is teh syntax I am using

TABLE FILE A
PRINT
COL1
COL2
COL3
WHERE
----
ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLD1
END

JOIN COL1 AND COL2 IN HOLD1 TO ALL
COL1 AND COL2 IN TABLE2 AS J1
END

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
You can't join on 2 fields in a hold file (just RDBMS). Also the field you are joining on in HOLD2 needs to be indexed.

Posts: 391 | Location: California | Registered: April 14, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
at a minimum, these fields you wish to join must be KEYs. that means they must be BY fields.
PRINT COL3 BY COL1 BY COL2

As long as file2 is NOT a focus file, you can :
JOIN COL1 AND COL2 IN FILE1 TO COL1 AND COL2 IN FILE2 AS joinname.
It is not necessary to index these fields. You can join two non-focus files, on multliple fields, as long as these files are BY fields in the creation of the two files.
If the second file is a focus file, you must have created a single key field which is the concatenation of COL1 | COL2;
JOIN COL1 AND COL2 IN FILE1 TO KEY IN FILE2 AS joinname
ok?

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
In the hold files, concatenate the fields you want to join on and then use the new fields for your joins.

Ensure both tables are sorted in the same order, or the JOIN will not process because it is inefficient.

If you run into problems iwth the order of the file use HOLD FORMAT FOCUS INDEX field-to-join.

Posts: 346 | Location: Melbourne Australia | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
<Kalyan>
posted
Hi,
I did what suzannah suggested i.e sort the hold file based on the join fields. But I am creating only one hold file. The second file in the join is the table itself.
Now the problem has manifested itself in a different form !!
This I would like to explain
Suppose we have Tables A,B,C,D

In my procedure we are doing some thing like this:

TABLE FILE A
PRINT
A1
A3
A4
BY A2
WHERE
FIELD1 IN ('VAL1','VAL2') AND
--
So on ...
--
ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLD1
END

JOIN A2 IN HOLD1 TO B1 IN B
AS J0
END

// I GET COLUMN B2 AS A RESULT OF THE PREVIOUS JOIN

JOIN B2 IN HOLD1 TO C1 IN C
AS J1
END

JOIN A2 IN HOLD1 TO D1 IN D
AS J2
END

In the above code the hold file HOLD1 is created properly. The next join J) is also executed properly. Thus at this point if I give a report request against HOLD1 then I would get all the fields I need from both HOLD1 AND Table B..

The next join also works fine as I am actually joining a field from TABLE B to a field in TABLE C...

The problem starts when I try to report against TABLE D (JOIN J2). Now for some reason I think FOCUS is not able to do the join. I get a BAD STATUS CODE ERROR .I had already posted about this error.

It would be great if you could help me with this. Please let me know if I am making a mistake some where..

( am I totally confusing you guys ??)

Thanks,
Kalyan.

Report This Post