Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Document Designer in IA

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Document Designer in IA
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
So I am experimenting with the Document Designer tool in InfoAssist. I notice that when I go to insert an existing report from the BI repository, it will not see the reports that I created directly with FOCUS code. It only sees the reports created within IA. I would like to be able to insert some reports that I created directly with FOCUS. Does anyone have any ideas about this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I’m pretty sure there’s no way around that requirement. I don’t even think you can insert a report you created in App Studio.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks BabakNYC for your reply.

Yeah looks like you can't. However, if I created the document in AppStudio, I can obviously see the reports I created directly in the code.

So I am trying to created specifically a PPTX document with AppStudio with those those reports I created directly in the code. So I get the following errors below after inserting and running. I changed the output format for it to a PDF and have removed the HEADALIGN=BODY but still same results.

0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 10 LINES= 1
(FOC3210) COLUMN TRUNCATED BECAUSE WIDTH EXCEEDS MARGINS; COLUMN: 1
(FOC3210) COLUMN TRUNCATED BECAUSE WIDTH EXCEEDS MARGINS; COLUMN: 2
(FOC3210) COLUMN TRUNCATED BECAUSE WIDTH EXCEEDS MARGINS; COLUMN: 3
(FOC3210) COLUMN TRUNCATED BECAUSE WIDTH EXCEEDS MARGINS; COLUMN: 4
(FOC3210) COLUMN TRUNCATED BECAUSE WIDTH EXCEEDS MARGINS; COLUMN: 5
(FOC3210) COLUMN TRUNCATED BECAUSE WIDTH EXCEEDS MARGINS; COLUMN: 6
(FOC3210) COLUMN TRUNCATED BECAUSE WIDTH EXCEEDS MARGINS; COLUMN: 7
(FOC3210) COLUMN TRUNCATED BECAUSE WIDTH EXCEEDS MARGINS; COLUMN: 8
(FOC3210) COLUMN TRUNCATED BECAUSE WIDTH EXCEEDS MARGINS; COLUMN: 9
(FOC3210) COLUMN TRUNCATED BECAUSE WIDTH EXCEEDS MARGINS; COLUMN: 10
(FOC3210) COLUMN TRUNCATED BECAUSE WIDTH EXCEEDS MARGINS; COLUMN: 11
(FOC3210) COLUMN TRUNCATED BECAUSE WIDTH EXCEEDS MARGINS; COLUMN: 12
(FOC3210) COLUMN TRUNCATED BECAUSE WIDTH EXCEEDS MARGINS; COLUMN: 13
(FOC3210) COLUMN TRUNCATED BECAUSE WIDTH EXCEEDS MARGINS; COLUMN: 14
(FOC3210) COLUMN TRUNCATED BECAUSE WIDTH EXCEEDS MARGINS; COLUMN: 15
(FOC3210) COLUMN TRUNCATED BECAUSE WIDTH EXCEEDS MARGINS; COLUMN: 16
(FOC3210) COLUMN TRUNCATED BECAUSE WIDTH EXCEEDS MARGINS; COLUMN: 17
(FOC3210) COLUMN TRUNCATED BECAUSE WIDTH EXCEEDS MARGINS; COLUMN: 18
(FOC3210) COLUMN TRUNCATED BECAUSE WIDTH EXCEEDS MARGINS; COLUMN: 19
(FOC3210) COLUMN TRUNCATED BECAUSE WIDTH EXCEEDS MARGINS; COLUMN: 20
(FOC3210) COLUMN TRUNCATED BECAUSE WIDTH EXCEEDS MARGINS; COLUMN: 21
(FOC3210) COLUMN TRUNCATED BECAUSE WIDTH EXCEEDS MARGINS; COLUMN: 22
(FOC3210) COLUMN TRUNCATED BECAUSE WIDTH EXCEEDS MARGINS; COLUMN: 23
(FOC3210) COLUMN TRUNCATED BECAUSE WIDTH EXCEEDS MARGINS; COLUMN: 24
(FOC3395) Paneling is not supported in a compound report component.
0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 2106 LINES= 1
(FOC3296) Error found in Coordinated Compound Report: At Component report1
Compound Report is TERMINATING.....

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Any suggestions on this?

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Expert
posted Hide Post
Start debugging by removing all but one report column.

Try setting Squeeze:

SET SQUEEZE=ON

quote:
The SQUEEZE parameter ... determines the column width in report output. The column width is based on the size of the data value or column title, or on the field format defined in the Master File.

The syntax is:

SET SQUEEZE = {ON|OFF|n}

where:

ON - Assigns column widths based on the widest data value or widest column title, whichever is longer.

OFF - Assigns column widths based on the field format specified in the Master File. This value pads the column width to the length of the column title or field format descriptions, whichever is greater. OFF is the default value.

n - Represents a specific numeric value, based on the UNITS parameter setting, to which the column width can be set (valid only in PDF and PS).

Also, look into WRAP:

TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=column, WRAP=n,
 $

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Francis for your reply. However, I am already using SET SQUEEZE=ON and WRAP in the styling. The report runs fine standalone. However, it's when I run it within the document I'm trying to test as a PPTX output in Document Composer in AppStudio is when I get the errors I posted earlier.

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Master
posted Hide Post
Make sure you've allowed enough space in your compound document element for your report. If your report is say 10 inches, and you've only allowed 8 inches, your element won't auto grow. it will just throw an error like what you see.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Eric. Where specifically should I set the spacing within the Document Composer for that?

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
AMC

I think Eric is saying to make each container spaced appropriately within the document.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post