Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] PDF Compound report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] PDF Compound report
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi,
I have a compound PDF report.i have 2 reports in that.both shuld display side by side.both are across reports.1st report i have 6 columns and 2nd report i have 20 columns.i want to display in a single page.I tried with page size legal the second report is overlapping.

Can someone help.

Thanks in advance

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFocus 7.1.4 xp html,excel,pdf

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The only way I know of to get 26 columns on one pdf report is to use "D" size paper. Of course, when the user forgets to change their PDF Print Properties to use a printer that can handle that size, Adobe will resize to 8 1/2 x 11 and the report becomes unreadable.

Do the math. legal is 14 inches across in landscape. Very few printers will allow less than .25" margins. and pdf WILL follow the default printer settings on the PC for the final output.

Then there is the gap between columns. PDF ALWAYS has a gap, but you can reduce it to about .05" with font size 6 and a couple other tricks. 26 columns means 25 gaps, that's another 1.25".

So, 14" minus .5" for margin minus 1.25" for gaps leaves 12.25" printable area. Divide that by 26 and each column must average less that .47".

Now try this, using that calculated value:

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT 
     CAR.COMP.CAR
     CAR.CARREC.MODEL
BY  LOWEST CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD 
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     INCLUDE = endeflt,
$
     PAGESIZE='Legal',
     LEFTMARGIN=0.250000,
     RIGHTMARGIN=0.250000,
     TOPMARGIN=0.250000,
     BOTTOMMARGIN=0.250000,
     ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     FONT='ARIAL',
     SIZE=6,
     COLOR=RGB(66 70 73),
     STYLE=NORMAL,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     COLUMN=N3,
     SQUEEZE=0.471153,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

Even the MODEL field from CAR can't fit in that amount of space.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but I have been through this with too many clients.

Robert F. Bowley Jr.
Owner
TaRa Solutions, LLC

In WebFOCUS since 2001

Posts: 132 | Location: Gadsden, Al | Registered: July 22, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
The question is, will this report ever be printed, or just viewed ?

I was also going to suggest a larger page size.

Are you able to give us an example, say from one of the sample files ?

Have you played with the margins and the font.

Changing to use Arial Narrow may help, but probably not.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Changing to use Arial Narrow may help, but probably not.

Now, that's encouraging Wink

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, a combination of Arial Narrow + very tight left/right gaps + SQUEEZE ON is promising ... but perhaps a bit hard to read:

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT 
     CAR.SPECS.LENGTH
     CAR.SPECS.WIDTH
     CAR.SPECS.FUEL_CAP
BY  CAR.CARREC.MODEL
ACROSS LOWEST CAR.COMP.CAR
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD 
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     UNITS=PTS,
     PAGESIZE='Legal',
     ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE,
	 SQUEEZE=ON,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     FONT='ARIAL NARROW',
     SIZE=7,
     COLOR=RGB(66 70 73),
     STYLE=NORMAL,
     RIGHTGAP=1,
     LEFTGAP=1,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     COLUMN=ROWTOTAL(*),
     FONT='ARIAL NARROW',
     SIZE=7,
     COLOR=RGB(66 70 73),
     STYLE=NORMAL,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hence my question, will it ever be printed or just viewed ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
waz it will be printed.
I tried with pagesize B and leftgap&rightgap,squeeze on it worked.

Thanks everyone

WebFocus 7.1.4 xp html,excel,pdf