Focal Point
[Solved] How to move a portal page tab once it's in a page

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3147039096

November 19, 2018, 06:19 PM
Doug
[Solved] How to move a portal page tab once it's in a page
Case in point: A user added several items to a portal page, but in the wrong order. They now want to rearrange them. But, there's no 'move tab' for the tabs (like the 'Move Left' / 'Move Right' on the pages). Nor can you drag a tab as it replaces the complete page content.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug,

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206
November 20, 2018, 07:34 AM
MartinY
quote:

Nor can you drag a tab as it replaces the complete page content.

This is strange since I can move (drag) tab (page) from one position to another using the Edit of the portal and the tab (page) content is not replaced.
Maybe I'm missing some info or it could be a version issue. Work great in 8201m.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
November 20, 2018, 09:14 AM
Doug
The issue is with the 'Widget Tabs' (green), not the the 'Page Tabs' (blue). I can rearrange the 'Page Tabs' but not rearrange the 'Widget Tabs' with the options or by dragging them.

November 20, 2018, 09:42 AM
BabakNYC
Edit your portal.
Highlight the blue tab you'd like to modify.
Look in the bottom of the page you'll see the bread crumbs for where you are. It'll look something like Domain name > Blue Tab 1 > blah blah > tabbed container

Once you're at the very last item and you can't go any deeper, look above the bread crumbs where you have a shelf with 4 tabs: Properties, Title, Content, Tabs

Click Tabs. On the right side of the actions you can take, you'll see a list of the tabs in the container and it has Area: where you see some icons and right below that is the list of all the tabs you want to move around. Highlight the tab you want to move and click the up and down arrow to re-arrange them the way you want.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
November 20, 2018, 09:50 AM
Doug
Good One Thanks Babak... Just had to look a little deeper. Now I Know Smiler