Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Chart Lengend sorting problem

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Chart Lengend sorting problem
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
We have a stacked chart and the normal display sequence works until our users would like to sort by the 'specification' rather by the field's content.
For example, current the top one on the stacked bar chart is Returning then following by New, and by Continue HS and Continue. However, it is expected to put the stacking order as
Concurrent HS follow by Retruning, Continue and bottom item on the stacked bar is New.

I try to use a decode and put part in correct order, but the LENGEND showing up with the decoded value rather than the fieldvalue such as New or continue, etc.

Any idea how I can put the FIELDVALUE rather than the decoded vlaue on the lengend area.
Please advice.Thanks.

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.1.1 CGI - Self Service - Report Caster,Win2000/IIS
Output: HTML, Excel 2000 and PDF

Posts: 36 | Location: LOS ANGELES | Registered: February 01, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
DKWAN,

Here is an example. I'm not including all of the code but I'll try to annotate it. This is part of a program I wrote for one of our eBusiness guys that wanted a graph of the top 12 resources being hit. Well as in your case, the input file to the graph was sorted by a hit id and we wanted to display resource name.

TABLE FILE EBHITS1
SUM HIT_ID
    SESSION_ID
BY  RESOURCE_NAME
ON TABLE HOLD AS EBHITS2
END
TABLE FILE EBHITS2
SUM HIT_ID
    SESSION_ID
BY HIGHEST 12 HIT_ID NOPRINT
BY  RESOURCE_NAME
ON TABLE HOLD AS EBHITS12
END
-* Now we have the file that we are going to input into the graph.
-* But we have to get the resource name in the same order as the hit id.
TABLE FILE EBHITS12
PRINT RESOURCE_NAME
ON TABLE SAVE
END
-* Now we have the resource names in a file in the right order.  We want to connect them to a variable
-* name with an index that we will use later.  That is what this Dialogue Manager code does.
-RESOURCE
-RUN
-SET &I=0;
-REPEAT GRAPH 12 TIMES
-READ SAVE NOCLOSE &RES_NAME.A20.
-IF &RETCODE NE 0 GOTO GRAPH;
-SET &I=&I+1;
-SET &RES_NAME.&I=&RES_NAME;
-GRAPH
-*  Now we get to to the graph.
GRAPH FILE EBHITS12
HEADING
"<55 XXXX.com Static Web Site"
FOOTING
"<65 30 Days Running"
PRINT HIT_ID AS 'Page Views' SESSION_ID AS 'Sessions'
-*PRINT HIT_ID1000 AS 'Page Views' SESSION_ID1000 AS 'Sessions'
BY RNK.HIT_ID AS ''
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH BAR
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHEDIT OFF
ON GRAPH SET HAXIS 500
ON GRAPH SET VAXIS 300
ON GRAPH SET BARNUMB OFF
ON GRAPH SET 3D OFF
ON GRAPH SET VZERO ON
ON GRAPH SET GRID OFF
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHSTYLE *
setX1LabelDisplay(true);
setX1AxisSide(0);
setX1MajorGridDisplay(true);
setX1MajorGridStyle(0);
setX1MinorGridDisplay(false);
setFontSizeAbsolute(getX1Title(),true);
setFontSizeAbsolute(getX1Label(),true);
setMarkerDisplay(false);
setConnectLineMarkers(false);
setConnectScatterMarkers(false);
-*  This is where we start the loop to populate the setGroupLabel method once for each series on the graph.
-*  Since series numbers are relative to zero, we have to have two counters.
-*  &J will count the series.  In this case, it will go from 0 to 11.
-*  &I will match the index variable name set above.  It will go from 1 to 12.
-SET &I=1;
-SET &J=0;
-REPEAT ENDGROUP 12 TIMES
setGroupLabel(&J,"&RES_NAME.&I");
-SET &I=&I+1;
-SET &J=&J+1;
-ENDGROUP
setO1AxisSide(0);
setO1MajorGridDisplay(false);
setO1MinorGridDisplay(false);  
........................... rest of code

If you don't have a fixed number of series like I do, then you can use the &LINES value from when you create your graph input file. Save it in another variable first so that it doesn't get clobbered by another TABLE request.

Hope you can figure this out. It works great!

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi
Thanks for your help.
I found the following works for what I need.
Thanks agian.
d

setSeriesLabel(3, "Concurrent ");
setSeriesLabel(2, "Returning");
setSeriesLabel(1, "Continuing");
setSeriesLabel(0, "New Total");

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.1.1 CGI - Self Service - Report Caster,Win2000/IIS
Output: HTML, Excel 2000 and PDF

Posts: 36 | Location: LOS ANGELES | Registered: February 01, 2006Report This Post