Focal Point
[CLOSED] Tab Control: How to Select Control on Unopened Tab

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/315105925

September 17, 2010, 11:23 AM
Craig R.
[CLOSED] Tab Control: How to Select Control on Unopened Tab
I have created a form with the HTML Composer on which I've placed a tab control (3 tabs). The user may enter values into numerous controls placed on all three tabs. When the submit button (on Tab 1) is pressed, a lot of JavaScript verification code is run to ensure proper entry of all values in all controls. If there's an error in a textbox on, say, Tab 3, I'd like to open the tab and select the "offending" textbox. This is a nice feature that's easy for me to do on a non-tabbed form, but the JavaScript novice that I am, I don't know how to do it within the context of a tab control!

Thanks in advance for the proper technique...

Craig

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

v8.1.04, 64-bit Windows (Reporting Server), Apache Tomcat (Web/App Server), HTML, PDF, AHTML, Excel outputs
September 17, 2010, 11:33 AM
Francis Mariani
Without my looking at the JavaScript that is generated by HTML composer, I would take a guess that you should look at the JavaScript that is run when you click on one of the tabs (onclick?) - this code most likely hides the other tabs (I assume divs) and shows the one clicked on.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server