Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]Rotating Text in WebFOCUS 7.7.04

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]Rotating Text in WebFOCUS 7.7.04
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
We have text that is rotated vertically using the following define:
PROGRAM_AREA_DESC_FLIP/A70 = '
' | PROGRAM_AREA_DESC | '
';

This has been working in 7.6 -- In our test environment in 7.7 the define itself is printing and not the values in rotated form. Does anyone have a suggestion how to do this in HTML? I have tried to put rotate in a cascading style sheet, calling in the style sheet and then adding CLASS=rotate and that did not seem to work.

Thanks,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Vivian,

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

WebFOCUS Keysheet Rel. 8.0.2
(Almost) 1001 Ways to Work with Dates thru Rel. 8.0.2
Focus since 1982
WebFOCUS since the beginning
Vivian@aviter.com

Posts: 191 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: April 29, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
PROGRAM_AREA_DESC_FLIP/A70 = '(open caret)div STYLE="writing-mode: tb-rl;filter: flipv fliph;">' | PROGRAM_AREA_DESC | '';

Just noticed that the define rotated the text in the display.

The request -- Table file xx
PRINT FLD1
ACROSS PROGRAM_AREA_DESC_FLIP

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

Focus since 1982
Vivian@aviter.com

Posts: 191 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: April 29, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Vivian, use the code tags to put code in the post.

PROGRAM_AREA_DESC_FLIP/A100 = '<div STYLE="writing-mode: tb-rl;filter: flipv fliph;">' | LC1 | '</DIV>';

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
This seems to work in 7.7.03.

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
          COMPUTE PROGRAM_AREA_DESC_FLIP/A100 = '<div STYLE="writing-mode: tb-rl;filter: flipv fliph;">' | MODEL | '</DIV>';
BY COUNTRY
ACROSS CAR
END

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I am going to pass this to the testing team. I myself do not have access to test -- the server version is 7.7.04 -- I wonder if that is making a difference. Will keep you posted and thanks.

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

Focus since 1982
Vivian@aviter.com

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
We just tried your code and it does NOT work. Our set up is that Dev Studio is on 7.7.03 and the server is on 7.7.04.

The result of running the code just produces the words in the compute -- does not rotate the text or even give the column titles.

Do you have access to 7.7.04 server?

Thanks again for your help.

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

Focus since 1982
Vivian@aviter.com

Expert
posted Hide Post
Just out of curiosity, what browser and version are you using?

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
IE 9 - Windows 7

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

Focus since 1982
Vivian@aviter.com

Expert
posted Hide Post
Just tried it using 7.7.04 server and it runs fine.

Unfortunately I only have IE6 and it's on XP but that shouldn't matter too much (famous last words!).

I have tried in on Win 7 / WF 7.7.03 / IE9 and it worked fine.

Have you used IE developer tools to look at the HTML and CSS generated?

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I pass your info on to the test team -- I am just wondering if it is the EXACT combination of 7.7.04 - IE9 and Windows 7 ---

Hopefully they will be able to view the source code and see what the problem is -- In the mean time, if someone in the IBI community has access to the exact combination of WebFOCUS and Windows and IE and could run the simple car file test, that would be great ---

Thanks
Vivian

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

Focus since 1982
Vivian@aviter.com

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
passed

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

Focus since 1982
Vivian@aviter.com

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I just checked with the testers - This is our exact combination:

Windows 7
IE 9
WF Client - 7.7.094
WF Dev Studio 7.7.03

We really need this to work -- We have it in several programs .... so it looks like it needs to be tested on that exact combination -- In the maean time, we are doing a view source to try to identify the problem.

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

Focus since 1982
Vivian@aviter.com

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
WF Client - 7.7.04

My fingers are sticky today!

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

Focus since 1982
Vivian@aviter.com

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
WIN7, IE9, WF7.7.04 report output:

...View Source HTML for the WF7.7.04 report output. The less-than signs (<) are showing in hex [<):

And this just in from the testers:

Did this for 7.6 & 7.7 and the 7.7 View Source shows hex for the < and > symbols. 7.6.11 shows the symbols

If you can tell me how to paste a captured output, I can paste that also - or if you have an email address, I could forward the output ---

Thanks

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

Focus since 1982
Vivian@aviter.com

posted Hide Post
Try adding
SET HTMLENCODE=OFF

It fixed the problem for me.

WF Production Version - 7.7.03 WIN 7 Solaris Oracle 11g
WF Production Version - 8.0.83 Win 7 Oracle 11g and SQL Server 2008

Posts: 7 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: March 10, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Yep - that was the culprit! Our administrator had it set in edasprof to on -- we turned it off in the program and now it is fat and happy.

SET HTMLENCODE=ON to encode the HTML output that is data.

This setting will disable the rendering of HTML tags within a browser when these tags
are stored within the actual data, or created using a DEFINE or COMPUTE command.
Thanks

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

Focus since 1982
Vivian@aviter.com

Guru
posted Hide Post
Your administrator may have added this setting at the reporting server level because of a security requirement. Having the setting on makes your html reports less vulnerable to cross site scripting. I would let him know that you are overwriting the setting at the report level.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Unix Self-Service/MRE/Report Caster - Outputs Excel, PDF, HTML, Flat Files

Posts: 320 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: February 12, 2008Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, the admin is well aware of this --- but thanks for the heads up -- good for others to know for sure.

Vivian

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

Focus since 1982
Vivian@aviter.com