Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] 8.1.05 Portal refresh

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] 8.1.05 Portal refresh
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
So, I have 3 pages on my new portal with reports in each. I have a HTML in a left Banner and in AppStudio, I have created a task to refresh all pages in the portal.

If I change a selection and hit my run button, it refreshes the first page. If I click on the second page, it runs and loads, but if I click on the 3rd page, it has already been refreshed.

My expectation is that all 3 pages would refresh at the same time.

This seems kind on "Wonky". Has anyone else seen this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MattC,

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Master
posted Hide Post
I know in 8.1.05 portals, you can now pass params to each page from any existing page, which you couldn't do before. Maybe they had to change how that loads, by not loading it until you click the page tab. Just a thought.

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!
-----------------------------
Product: WebFOCUS
Version: 8.1.04
Server: Windows 2008 Server

Guru
posted Hide Post
I am hoping not. I would like everything to refresh so the user doesn't have to wait the 2-3 seconds for the report.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
MattC,

I've developed a portal that I began back in 8.1.03 earlier this year, that has continued to be modified over the course of our having moved to and been on 8.1.04 and now 8.1.05. I just went and tried out the refresh for each page after I made a filtering selection from our HTML form that's in our left banner as well. Every page reloads with any new selection(s) made from a previous page upon navigating to that page manually through selecting a page tab. Currently, the other pages are NOT auto-refreshed BEFORE navigating to them for our portal as it stands now in 8.1.05 on our end (which is sad, but not a deal breaker for us) when we hit run on our filtering form in the banner.

Like GavinL points out, they've added a new Js method that you can use to navigate to and refresh all specified (in params to function) page(s) and/or panel(s) from a drill-down or other type of link possibly. Once implemented, you click on a drill or onclick() where it is implemented and it will pass the params specified to the additionally specified page(s) and panel(s) along with navigating the user to these pages and panels to view the updated content if desired.

If you'd like to know where to find this Js function and see its implementation, you can find it here:

\\yourServerName\ibi\WebFOCUS81\webapps\webfocus\tools\portalcanvas\iframeinterface.js

The docs go over it here:
Page Drill Links

Hope this helps.

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks for CoolGuy/GavinL for the info. We are planning on using that for sure.

Also thanks for confirming that you have to click on each page so it will refresh. I guess that's the way it is.

Another question for you.

My HTML has the default values that need to be passed to my reports on initial load. Now I know I can create a task to set the page onload and have the parms passed, but it looks like I need to have DEFAULTs set in my report programs too.

If I create the onload task to refresh pages in the portal, it will first load with fex defaults then load with parms passed from the HTML. Loads twice.

My example would be date logic. I need current day. My HTML has that logic and it displays current day, but I am guessing I need to implement that logic in my report fex and set that as my default.

It's like the HTML doesn't talk to the reports on the first initial load, so to speak. Does that make sense?

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
MattC,

I had to overcome this problem a while back. My response in the following thread goes over how I overcame the double loading issue:

Double Load Resolution

At the time, it was quite frustrating. But you can utilize a hidden control and param in your form and pass it to your content once the form has loaded and ran its refresh. Since the content ends up loading beforehand, you can add a check to see if that hidden param has been passed or not yet to the content, and if not GOTO/run a simple HTML page in place of the content that says "Please wait." or something until the HTML form loads, passes the hidden param that allows the content to pass the check and run with the form defaults. See the thread linked above for implementation and instructions.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Guru
posted Hide Post
So, what your saying is, put this logic in to make the report wait and also put in an onload task to refresh the pages in the portal with the parms being passed.

Thanks for the idea. I think in my case it may just make sense to run the report through my date logic and set the default to current date.

-IF &HIDDEN EQ 'N' THEN GOTO Wait;

Then at the bottom of your code, have something like:

-IF &HIDDEN EQ 'Y' THEN GOTO TheEnd;

-Wait

-HTMLFORM IBFS:/WFC/Repository/appFolder/subFolder/PlzWaitForFilters.htm

-TheEnd

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
We don't have any onload task configured save for the one set up initially by the HTML Composer for our form we use in our portal for this. No tasks are set up for this particular form, but I did add/set up the Js as follows:

if(typeof(bRuntime) != 'undefined') {
// TODO: Add your inline runtime code here
}
//Begin function window_onload
function window_onload() {
UpdateData();
// TODO: Add your event handler code here
//add onInitialUpdate() function to make changes before initial run of the reports
}
//End function window_onload
function onInitialUpdate(){
refreshReports();
}
//Begin function form1Submit_onclick
function form1Submit_onclick(event) {
var eventObject = event ? event : window.event;
var ctrl = eventObject.target ? eventObject.target : eventObject.srcElement;
// TODO: Add your event handler code here
refreshReports();
}
//End function form1Submit_onclick
function refreshReports(){
var name = this.window.name;
parent.BipIframeInterface.setAllAmpersValues(name, IbComposer_getAllAmpersValues());
parent.BipIframeInterface.refresh(parent.BipIframeInterface.REFRESH_ALL_BUT_SELF, name);
}