Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Webfocus7.11- Offline and Offline Close

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Webfocus7.11- Offline and Offline Close
 Login/Join

posted
I have trouble to use the follow fex in Webfocus 7.11. Anyone has experience and how to fix that, please help.

FILEDEF OFFLINE PRINTER XXX.TXT
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT *
END
OFFLINE CLOSE

** It was working in 4.36, but in ver7, no output (xxx.txt) is generated.

Win2003, Webfocus 7.13, Dev Studio, Report Caster

Posts: 11 | Location: LOS ANGELES | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Domini,

What platform was your 4.3.6 on and what platform is your 7.11 on?

Looking at your code I wouldn't necessarily expect an offline file to be produced, or if it was then only a temporary file. The filedef you have would (should?) redirect the output from your table request directly to the default printer (I think - but it is ages since I used offline and even then it was MVS / VM).

If you want to have a physical file remaining after your table request then I would steer away from using offline. Just use the filedef syntax -

FILEDEF filename DISK physical path to your required file

You can also use APP FILEDEF to the same effect with the exception that the physical path would be replaced with a filename prefixed with an application name -

APP FI filename DISK IBISAMP/filename.extn.

All of this needs to be adjusted slightly depending upon the platform in which you are operating - hence the very first question.

If you add your setup to your signature, as most of us on this forum have, then you will not have to repeat it each time and we will be aware to what platform your question relates.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. The webfocus 7.11 is installed under Win2003. I talked with the help line today, and the conclusion is Report caster has problem in dealing with the command "FILEDEF OFFLINE PRINTER..."
I'll wait for the help line to check for more details.
Thanks for your help

Win2003, Webfocus 7.13, Dev Studio, Report Caster

Posts: 11 | Location: LOS ANGELES | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post