Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Maintain Parameter Error

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Maintain Parameter Error
 Login/Join

<Vijaya_settu>
posted
Hello
I have parameter in procedure.It works.
But I would like set parameter in Maintain.
I have edit box in my form.
I set the following line in maintain
"EXEC fanrpt from Test INTO HTMLSTACK;"

But I receveived the following Error
(FOC03692) Run-time Error : Internal error while copying value!
(FOC03692) Run-time Error : At call/exec FANRPT

I appreciate any thoughts...

Thanks
Vijaya

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Vijaya

I think the reason could be:

In your focexec fanrpt, you should reference the &variable &1, not &Test. You can:
-SET &Test=&1;

This is because the parameters passed to teh focexec are only passed as values, in the order in which you use them on the EXEC line. The focexec has no knowledge of what you called the parameter in the Maintain.

If you want to pass more than one parameter:
EXEC fanrpt from Test1 Test2 INTO HTMLSTACK;
then refer to them as &1 and &2 in the fanrpt focexec.

If this is not the issue, and I have never seen tha error, let me know with perhaps the focexec, and I'll investigate further.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
<Vijaya_settu>
posted
quote:
focexec fanrpt

Hello Alan,
I followed your suggestion. I set this line " -SET &LST=&1;" in focexec fanrpt.
IN maintain I have this line
" EXEC fanrpt from LST1 INTO HTMLSTACK;".
Now I am getting this error
(FOC03601) ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 22 IN PROCEDURE faculty/Start5.MAINTAIN
(FOC03847) MntEX Compile failed for faculty/Start5
(FOC03649) Undefined Stack : LST1 : in FROM clause.

Thanks
Vijaya

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Vijaya

The name on the exec line MUST be available in the maintain. So in your maintain

MAINTAIN ......
Declare Test/a12;
Exec fanrpt from Test into HTMLStack;

Then link the edit box, with the option 'Edit intial text' to the variable Test.

In the fanrpt focexec:
-SET &NAMETEST=&1;
TABLE FILE FANNAMES
PRINT TITLE FIRSTNAME EMAIL
BY LASTNAME
IF LASTNAME EQ &NAMETEST

In the maintain make sure that Test is not of type StackOf or A0 and ensure that it is declared correctly and linked to the edit box.

This should work, let me know.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
<Vijaya_settu>
posted
quote:
Test

Thanks Alan, It works fine...

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Great.

Sometimes I do have problems explaining this concept clearly without a whiteboard and computer screen!

Any other maintain help needed, just ask.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007