Focal Point
[solved] JavaScript alias './ibi_html/' is not valid

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3177069786

October 09, 2017, 10:03 AM
eric.woerle
[solved] JavaScript alias './ibi_html/' is not valid
Does anyone know any other causes for this error message besides setting setting IBI_GZIP.enabled to True? This is only happening for reports created with Application Studio. If I create it with DS there are no problems. In my other environments setting IBI_GZIP.enabled has resolved this issue. But in my staging environment it does not seem to help.

This is the javascript function that produces the error message.

quote:
if(typeof ibigblloadCss === 'function'){ibigblloadCss(null);addIntlTranslatedJS("composertrans.js");}else {alert("JavaScript alias './ibi_html/' is not valid.");

not sure where to go to chase this down.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: eric.woerle,

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2
October 09, 2017, 10:21 AM
Frans
Don't have a solution for this, but you could check if you have both composertrans.js and composertrans.js_closure.gz in ibi/WebFOCUS8x/ibi_html/javaassist/intl/EN

Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.
October 09, 2017, 11:51 AM
eric.woerle
I think the problem ended up being that I was missing a custom CSS file (That I forgot to move into the environment) coupled with needing to clear my cache out. The issue has now resolved itself.

Thanks for the response Frans

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2
October 09, 2017, 04:50 PM
Waz
We found this issue when it was suggested to try App Studio 8.1.05 html file on an 8.1.04 installation.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!