Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Blanks Lines at the top of the report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Blanks Lines at the top of the report
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I am working on a Web Focus Query and three Blank Lines are appreaing at the top of the Report. Please advice what should I have to do to remove these lines. Below is the syntax for the same:

SET LINES = 9999
TABLE FILE MAN_FUNCTION
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
SUM ADMITACCOUNTNUMBER AS ''
FWIDTH01 AS ''
LASTNAME AS ''
-*FWIDTH02 AS ''
FIRSTNAME AS ''
DCDSPLY AS ''
DTDSPLY AS ''
-*CNT.ADMITACCOUNTNUMBER/I3 AS ''
BY DTDSPLY NOPRINT BY ADMITACCOUNTNUMBER NOPRINT
WHERE (ADMINISTRATIONEVENTTYPEID EQ 1) AND (DCDATE EQ CMPDATE)
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, FONT=COURIER, GRID=OFF, $
ENDSTYLE
END

After reading old discussions, I add "ON TABLE SET PAGE NOLEAD" to the query and then again execute it. This time I am getting two blank lines instead of three.

I appreciate any help from any one.

Thanks,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Manish,

Win XP
HTML

Expert
posted Hide Post
See if the addion of "ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON" within your "SET STYL *" helps. If not, duplicate the error using the CAR FILE and post the offending code.
Doug

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Doug,

Thanks for your help. But adding the "ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS" did not work. I am still getting blank at the top of the report.

Please advice. Confused

Win XP
HTML

Expert
posted Hide Post
Also look at what SET PAGE = NOLEAD does and combine it with SET PRINTPLUS = ON.

Don't just use these commands though, look them up in a manual so that you actually understand what effect they will have.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Check out Tony's post at, http://forums.informationbuild...461062132#6461062132 ,for more information. I'm sure that it'll help. Thanks Tony (and ResiliEnt and Intersil too), it shed some additional light on the subject for me as well.

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I find old post helpful also, help me learn Webfocus. I not need ask question as search help find me question before I ask.

Doug, what you search to get link? I find v. helpful. Smiler

Kofi

Client Server 8.1.05: Apache; Tomcat;Windows Server 2012
Reporting Server 8.1.05; Oracle; MS SQL; Windows Server 2012

Expert
posted Hide Post
Doug,

The thanks should be totally to the Guys from ResiliEnt and Intersil who gave the presentation and, of course, everyone who chipped in with their insight into what is a common problem.

Summit 09 - 3 days

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Kofi,
I just did a search on "lines top report" and perused through the five pages of results till I found something that I thought was useful and tried a few till I found one that worked for me.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Tony,
You're right. Thanks to THEM for their presentation and thanks to YOU for posting it here... Keeping the WFF Great and informative.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
search on "lines top report"

Doug, many thanks for search you use Smiler

Kofi

Client Server 8.1.05: Apache; Tomcat;Windows Server 2012
Reporting Server 8.1.05; Oracle; MS SQL; Windows Server 2012

posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot for your help. My issue has been solved and now there is no blank lines showing in my report.

Thanks all for your help..

Win XP
HTML