Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Reportcaster schedule information

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Reportcaster schedule information
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Is there some way I can locate when a schedule in reportcaster was actually created? Not when it will be executed. Is there a search topic I can search for? Thank you, Ira

Ira aix533 wf 538 (prod) 7.6.1 (test)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

aix-533,websphere 5.1.1,apache-2.0,
wf 538(d), 537 (p),
==============
7.6.11 (t) aix 5312
websphere 6.1.19
apache 2.0

Expert
posted Hide Post
All ReportCaster information is stored in database tables.

Information about each table is in the ReportCaster Admin manual:

ReportCaster Development and Administration Version 5 Release 3

The section "Reference: FOCUS Repository Tables" describes the contents of each of the 12 tables.

The Masters are located either in the Drive:\ibi\srv53\wfs\catalog folder or somewhere in the app path, look for Masters beginning with "BOT". You can run this command "WHENCE BOTSCHED MASTER" to determine where the Master for BOTSCHED (and the others) is located.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
In the BOTSCHED table, there are UPDATEDATE and UPDATETIME fields. I don't know what is in there but maybe that has what you need. It is a good question and one I've always wanted to know the answer to.

We use the web console to create synonyms for the RC tables if that helps.

Let us know what you find out.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
WHENCE BOTSCHED MASTER

Francis, had actually checked out that manual earlier and saw all the 19 tables and their content description. Didn't see anything in there. Your 'whence' command was excellent. I now just need to figure out out how to table against each of these requests. But, first I will create new rc sked, notate the time, and see which field houses such info.
GinnyJ, I had seen those fields you mentioned and thought nah probably means each time is is run, but until I check I will never know - so off I go to look. Thank you both. When I have some findings I will report back...I thought botlog or botsched would be the 2 most likely candidates... Thanks, Ira

prod/dev (aix) 5.3.8, test (windows 7.6.1)

wf 538(d), 537 (p),
==============
7.6.11 (t) aix 5312
websphere 6.1.19
apache 2.0

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Ginny, Francis - after doing some extensive checking, and then conferring with ibi after - there is nothing that houes the creation date of a schedule within the 'bot' tables. Thank you for your assistance.

Ira

wf 538(d), 537 (p),
==============
7.6.11 (t) aix 5312
websphere 6.1.19
apache 2.0

Expert
posted Hide Post
Sounds like an NFR to me. I've always wanted to know that information myself.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post